I Need 2 Grand By Next Friday Or I Am Dead

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Godsdrummer, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

That's what it comes down to.

My wife and I did a Chapter 13 bankruptcy back last fall. For those of you unfamiliar, that is the one, that reorganizes the debt and you make a monthly payment to the courts.

Well those payments fell on me. And I couldnt make my January and Februrary payments.

My car payment was incorporated into the Chapter 13 plan. On April 9th, Chase, the company I was financed thru, is going to ask for relief from the judge and will take my car, unless I can come up with 2 grand my the 9th. Which I can't.

That's it.

Here's the repercussions.

No car =
    No work
    No money
    No health/dental insurance for my family.
    Daughter wont be able to get her epilespy meds
    Daughter wont be able to get her teeth fixed.
    We will loose our tv and phone service, both of which we are under contract for, and then they will come after us.
    I will have to return my drum rental.
    The church band gig is over.This Sunday will be my last performance.

The only option I have left, is my life insurance thru my work. So I have to off myself, before it's too late.

At least then there will be some money left over after my funeral and the kids and wire can get social security monies.

So that is it. I have thought this thru clearly and there is no other way.

Now I just have to settle on a method.

I did have a method available to me last night, but I took it to the police. That one (and here's a hint) would have been "sure fire."

It was nice knowing you people and I will try and help for whatever days I have left. I figure I have a week left from today.

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

So there is no misunderstanding; I am not asking for money. I am just letting you guys know what is up and I have decided to resign myself to my fate. I just have to settle on a method.

3. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

A lot of life insurance policies have a clause that they are null and void (or have a lower payout) under circumstances of suicide.

What about asking your church for some emergency help?

4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

But they will still get social security.

Look I am not going to be a burden. Freeloading off of my family.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

then go to social services and get help go to the church and ask for help reach out.

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

agree with the others....go get help
    try the social services, the church, do you have charities that will give or lend you the money on a long term ,low payment plan with no interest....
    Is there another way to get to work..buses , trains etc.,
    if you don't want to burden your family then think about the burden your death will leave them.....
    I bet they'd rather have you alive with debt than not have you at all....
    survivors of suicide are left with a terrible grief that they never get over and their lives are changed forever so please don't do it.....
    keep talking here and someone may just have a suggestion that you haven't thought of that may work...
    don't give up...
    stay safe...

7. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Well this may sound a little rough on you but let me say straight out you have NOT thought this thru clearly.

Are there not other ways to get to work? Car pooling? Mass transit? A cheaper car? Hell I drove a $400 rusty piece of junk for 4 YEARS. A motorized bicycle? A scooter? A motorcycle? A borrowed car? You name it, there are options.

Like I said you have NOT thought this thru clearly if you go straight to suicide. Your children NEED you here. Do you know a major cause of depression and suicidal thoughts? A child losing a parent. Sorry, but with your current thought process you would hurt your children, not help them in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.