I need $76,000USD immediately*

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

*Immediately as in literally right now. The other 50k is being dealt with as best as possible and in good standing.

I'm trying but I'm just getting to the point where I don't have options and no one wants to negotiate. I don't know what to do and losing hope very quickly now.

2. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

why do you need this money?

3. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

why do you need so much money?

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Have you access to a financial advisor?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
  5. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

lets all wish you good luck.

6. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

We're really not the persons to ask for financial advice--all we can do is suggest you talk to someone who really can help. There's gotta be a financial advisor, as Domo said, that will be in a much better position to help you.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I have nearly $100 000 CAN saved up, but I really can't just give away my hard earned money. Sorry.

8. anonmn

anonmn Active Member

How could you be in so much debt? Even a foreclosure would have happened long before you were so far behind.

You obviously cannot pay. Forget the financial advisor. You need to speak with a bankruptcy attorney. Believe it or not bankruptcy can protect you from losing your major assets, like your house or car. People do survive it and put their lives back together.

And this is in the U.S. I don't know where you live. Other nations probably have even more favorable laws for the vulnerable individual. Here we tend to screw poor people as much as possible.

If this is an illegal gambling debt thing, if people are threatening to hurt you, you may qualify for police protection or the federal witness protection program if you tell authorities what is going on and promise to help them bust the bad guys.

But really we can't help you without more information.

9. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

It's private student loan debt.

10. cashing_out

cashing_out Well-Known Member

Sorry to be so harsh but, I NEED LOTS OF MONEY TOO....my home is almost in foreclosure, car is almost up for repo, I have student loans out the ass, my truck needs fixing, I have back child support, behind on all bills and just pawned our wedding rings so we can have food and pay bills.....you are so not alone. To ask strangers for that much money takes a lot of balls. Out of line if you ask me. I need about $325,000.00 or my life will fall apart but you dont see me here asking for money. And I wont. My bills are my problem. You said personal student loan???? From who, Al Capone?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
  11. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Bankruptcy sounds like the best option, this came up first on google:

http://www.studentloanborrowerassistance.org/bankruptcy/

"Courts use different tests to evaluate whether a particular borrower has shown an undue hardship. A common test is the Brunner test which requires a showing that 1) the debtor cannot maintain, based on current income and expenses, a “minimal” standard of living for the debtor and the debtor’s dependents if forced to repay the student loans; 2) additional circumstances exist indicating that this state of affairs is likely to persist for a significant portion of the repayment period of the student loans; and 3) the debtor has made good faith efforts to repay the loans. (Brunner v. New York State Higher Educ. Servs. Corp., 831 F. 2d 395 (2d Cir. 1987). Not all courts use this test. Some courts will be more flexible, some less.

If you can successfully prove undue hardship, your student loan will be completely canceled. Filing for bankruptcy also automatically protects you from collection actions on all of your debts, at least until the bankruptcy case is resolved or until the creditor gets permission from the court to start collecting again."

12. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I do not recall the OP ever asking for money it was stated I need 76,000 dollars, not can you give me 76,000 dollars.

13. Mikeintx

I don't think she was asking for someone to give her the money as much as just stating that is what she needs to pay off her debt.

On a side note it amazes me that the government allows kids straight out of highschool to incur this much debt with no way to pay it off(at least with something like a home mortgage you have to prove you are making a certain amount of money to be approved for the loan)... all on the hopes you will achieve a good paying job with your degree...

14. cashing_out

Good point. The OP did not ask for the money but since they stated that they already had $50,000.00 and needed $75,000.00 more, I assumed that it was a request for money. If the OP was not asking for money, I apologize. On the other hand, if they were asking.......whole nother story....to acrue that much in a student loan, must be a good career....I am in the medical field and my student loans were not that much and I am still paying them off.......the worst that could happen is they garnish wages....why such a desperate post?

15. cashing_out

This is the way to get it done.....not put up a post on a suicide forum.....

16. Mikeintx

Well debt is pretty overwhelming as you stated, I think she is just looking for support so I am trying to be helpful. If posting helps then I see no reason to not post up here.

17. cashing_out

Cool, I need $3,256.00 or I am going to lose my house and my family will be on the street.....

18. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Op ,you're really a chick(totally Irrelevant,I know)?
    Sorry to hear about your debt crisis. hope u find a way to settle it:hug:

19. Mikeintx

Can you do a strategic foreclosure and move into an apartment maybe?

20. cashing_out

Nope, not an option. Cash is the only answere. If I dont come up with it, I burn down the house and then move into an apartment and lose my wife and family. Then I get to start my bucket list because I will have nothing left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.