I need a hug and some compassion please

Discussion in 'I Need Some Empathy and Compassion (New Forum)' started by Petal, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am written down to be entered into the psych ward asap, probably tomorrow. A member of my family said to me ''if you are looking for sympathy you are talking to the wrong person'', I felt that was very cruel. Now I do not even want to go to the psych ward. I do not want sympathy, I want help. My anxiety is ruining my life, i've cried several times today and had a couple of panic attacks....I'm scared, I don't know what to do.

Something terrible happened to me in this particular psych ward before that I never told anyone about, NO ONE. I just wanted to keep it buried and forget it happened. I asked if i could go to another one but was denied. I do want to go in and get my medications adjusted and sorted out, what should I do?? I am not suicidal. I do not want to harm anyone. I am just suffering severely with anxiety and paranoia, so bad that I am even dreaming about paranoia. No idea what to do? I don't HAVE to go in, I am voluntary. Advice please and hugs :(
  2. Obsonet

Obsonet Active Member

Petal, do you feel very uncomftable going back? Do you think you could talk to someone about what happened or not?

Also the family member who said that is mean, ignore them.
  3. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Well-Known Member

I know it's easy to say but try to forget the family member with the comment. I believe you know yourself well enough and have been on the journey long enough to know if you need this level of care/help.
    Voluntary is not a light decision generally, so I can only imagine how intense your feelings and attacks have been.

I won't ask what happened, but have you been able to assess the risk of being there again: do the same...factors exist--is it possible that it may repeat?
    Have you ever been back to the building even? Do you think it will trigger you? If it still affecting you as a live factor for you to consider in even seeking treatment, maybe you should speak to someone about it?

Can you speak to your pdoc urgently instead to try to adjust the meds?

Sorry for the lack of support from the family member.

4. Petal

No, I don't want to tell anyone about what happened, I am afraid I would be labelled a liar and looking for sympathy.

I agree hun, the family member that said that to me doesn't believe in mental illness so I have to respect that.
  5. Obsonet

Obsonet Active Member

I see petal. Maybe don't talk to that family member about it if you can?

Like alexi said could this repeat at all? Maybe you could call a hotline and tell them if you just need to get it off your chest?
    Petal likes this.
  6. Petal

I'm tryng my best hun, it's really harsh when someone says that to you in general :(
    They want to monitor me while changing meds as there is a child living in my home and basically want me in a ''safe'' environment to do it. I agree that they are right.

No,it won't happen again. The building has changed and I was back there in 2014. HE could be a patient in there now for all I know so it's difficult. It is something I cannot talk about.

Thanks so much for your help. Just talking here about it is giving me some relief.
  7. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I just saw this.im sorry. To change meds... I'm glad I was in when they did this. Your choice, but I support you and will be here if you need s hug.
    Petal likes this.
  8. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I'm so sorry your having this anxiety struggle Lynne. Hopefully you are treated well there this time.
    Petal likes this.
  9. Petal

Went to see new psychiatrist today, he told me I do not need hospitalisation (yaaaay) he took me off zyprexa and put me on another anti psychotic. I am feeling much happier in my self. He was absolutely lovely and kind and respectful. (Sheldon Cooper dance LOL), SO happy and relieved. :) Thank you all for supporting me through this.
  10. Petal

Hi all, just checking in...I am doing incredibly well on my new medication. I think a lot of why I feel good is down to exercise and good communication with my doctor, day hospital and those around me. I got a hug from my G.P today, that was lovely, she told me she is very proud of me for getting this far and getting over all the hurdles. I rang the day hospital today to thank them for all they have done throughout my time of need, I wish to have a nice peaceful weekend and I have no plans so if anyone needs to talk feel free to message me, I would be more than happy to try and help! Thank you SF, thanks to you all!! (hugs)
  11. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Wow! Good job... Xoxo
    Petal likes this.
  12. PhoenixFailed

PhoenixFailed SF Supporter

I'm coming to this late, but I am so happy that you hung in there and advocated for yourself. I also am glad the meds change went so well.

In spirit of your thread title: (((big hug of happiness)))!
    Petal likes this.
  13. moxman

moxman Rosie a silly girl, pretending to be serious Forum Pro

That's Awesome, I so glad to hear, that you are doing so well *BIGHUG =)
    Petal likes this.
  14. Petal

Aww, thank you all. You guys are so sweet :) Today is the first day towards the rest of my life, that is what I keep in min when waking up in the morning. 5:20 am here, waiting for it to get bright so that i can do some exercise :) Never thought i'd see the day I am off both valium and zyprexa, I have come far and will get even further, I'm determined. Thanks again.
    moxman likes this.
  15. PhoenixFailed

PhoenixFailed SF Supporter

It is encouraging to hear of your successes. Look at you spreading hope! :)
    Petal likes this.
  16. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

(joins in hugging Petal)
    Petal likes this.
  17. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

A lot of hugs.
    Petal likes this.
  18. Petal

Thank you all so much, ye're support is wonderful not just today but everyday. I honestly don't know what I would do without you lot.
    I had a brilliant day today, I exercised, did my sisters friends hair, did a lot of cleaning, went into the city to get new trainers and bought some false eyelashes for something extremely important next week which I won't discuss on the open forum but all is good, I feel great and overwhelmed in a good way from all the advice, support and friendship you guys/gals have shown me. The new medication is agreeing with me and making me calmer and happier, what more could I ask for, eh? Thank you again, hugs x
    Unknown_111 likes this.
  19. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

For all the help YOU give us, YOU deserve some happiness in your life. I think a lot of people would agree with these sentiments. More smiles now and less tears in your eyes. ;)
    Petal likes this.
  20. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Oh wow, I just saw this thread. I had never even been to this area of the website. Petal, I so do happy that you got this reprieve. What an amazing evolution of events. You deserve only the best. You have s beautiful heart.

As for the relative who said such unkind things to you, I would have been furious with her for being so cruel. Although if I was the object of her cruelty, I too would have felt horrible.

So glad you are doing much better. You deserve all the relief end happiness possible in life
    Unknown_111 and Petal like this.