I need a life... how do I get one?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Dante, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Dante

Dante Well-Known Member

I have crawled out from under 2 massive burdens I was carrying, one of them seemingly for good, and now all I need is a life... so how do I get one?

I have no friends, no hobbies, and no clue left on how to get either of these.

Any ideas?

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

What are your passions? Is there something you like doing?
    Could you try out some local clubs to see if you like any of it?

3. Dante

Dante Well-Known Member

There are a small list of activities I will almost never do, and dancing is one of those, and each time took either a lot of alcohol or one really damned good reason to dance, its just not a comfortable experience for me which is a shame because I have been told by those who have seen me dance sober that I am really good.

Still, There isnt that much around me that I can go to, my local area doesnt have much of a night life.

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

What about clubs or volunteering for an organisation that you care about?

5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I didn't mean dancing clubs, I meant things like sports clubs or creative things. Sorry for the confusion

6. Dante

Dante Well-Known Member

No clubs in my local area and I did volunteer in an organisation working with kids but the leader there, the guy who brought me in and who has been carrying the organisation for decades just got kicked out accused of indecent conduct around one of the kids which is the biggest BS I have ever heard, hell, I knew him when I was a kid and he was like a 2nd dad, so if that can happen to him then I dont wanna risk it, its not worth it.

There is a sports centre but no clubs that I know of, just facilities and not great ones at that. Thing is, my local area doesnt have much of a community spirit.