I need a little help with the destruction that is happening in the world

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
Premise I am taking care of my crippled dad and 92 year old alzheimer's and deaf grandparents

Today me and my dad were talking and he started putting so many words in my mouth like I am protecting the people which I am not at all because of a video he saw on facebook of little kids being beat and I am told him I did not like seeing it either but he got mad at me for not doing anything about it.

I don't think I can change the world and maybe because he is in so much pain physically he is taking it out on me by calling me "weak" and a "namby pamby" all the time which pisses me off.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Premise I am taking care of my crippled dad and 92 year old alzheimer's and deaf grandparents

Today me and my dad were talking and he started putting so many words in my mouth like I am protecting the people which I am not at all because of a video he saw on facebook of little kids being beat and I am told him I did not like seeing it either but he got mad at me for not doing anything about it.

I don't think I can change the world and maybe because he is in so much pain physically he is taking it out on me by calling me "weak" and a "namby pamby" all the time which pisses me off.
Sounds more like he's probably projecting his feelings about himself onto you. He's old, he's sick, and he gets frustrated watching all the terrible crap going on in the world and not being able to do anything about it. So he probably subconsciously expects you to act on his behalf and carry on his legacy, in a way, by doing what he can't do anymore.

MisterBGone

âś…
SF Supporter
Take it from me. . . (While on a much smaller - or lesser scale): I once nearly succumbed to a health problem. The likes of which, all the doctors and all the nurses, and every one else I came in touch with at the hospital said. I had no business being alive; or living- how ever, may be they had all been raised on the dramas on tv’s set in their closen work-environments. Who knows?? ;) _.~> / but it is a bit daunting when, they look you in the eye, and tell you that not only have they never seen levels or results so low - but that they’d never even heard of them either!
Anyway. My point in al this tedious backstory is to simply suggest to you. Piggy backing off of others: don’t even take it with a grain of salt! I’d say far less ~ as in “no thing,” at all! . . . For when in the throes and misery of such suffering it can put you your self in such a horrible/terrible/uncomfortable state (bad, I guess; I don’t know I can’t find the adjective. . .) — that you may very easily find your self suddenly gettin all kind s of short-tempered & saying and doing things you otherwise might not have dreamt of in a million years. . . Just some food for thought! ;) ps- pretty sure I didn’t mean any of the mean & nasty things I said to those I cared about , and who took great care & comfort of, whilst in the midst of all this— I can’t really explain or articulate it other than to maybe make an imperfect analogy. The way it’s hard for someone like us, to express the level of depression to someone who is not seriously suicidally so — (that’s kind of what it s like: in the sense that; you’ve kind of just got to experience it for yourself, so you can know the true feeling & then maybe you can begin to truly understand. : )

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
but it is a bit daunting when, they look you in the eye, and tell you that not only have they never seen levels or results so low - but that they’d never even heard of them either
Yeah, that really is annoying. Not to mention, unprofessional. They talk to you like you're some kind of medical marvel or nothing more than an interesting puzzle to solve. There's nothing wrong with finding your career field fascinating, but there's a reason that a code of ethics was developed and some people need to learn to fucking use it.

Waves

That is too much alone. Can you call United Way and 211 in USA. Ask for help with seniors. Might be with caretaking or financially. But this is a lot for you.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
That is too much alone. Can you call United Way and 211 in USA. Ask for help with seniors. Might be with caretaking or financially. But this is a lot for you.
We been down all routes my dad lives next door and is crippled and has webcams all over my granparents house. We have brought in hospice and many home heath care for him but he gets violent to them and they all have a 3 strike rule.

Me and my dad gave him a shower the other day and when I was putting his boxers on he pushed on my neck and punched me in the back of my head "My dad took his arms and said dont hit my son he loves you and is trying to help you" I am so gentle with him but he still calls me every name in the book for no reason when my papa I am trying to help it makes me cry so much since he was such a good man but alzhemiers is eating his brain.

Waves

We been down all routes my dad lives next door and is crippled and has webcams all over my granparents house. We have brought in hospice and many home heath care for him but he gets violent to them and they all have a 3 strike rule.

Me and my dad gave him a shower the other day and when I was putting his boxers on he pushed on my neck and punched me in the back of my head "My dad took his arms and said dont hit my son he loves you and is trying to help you" I am so gentle with him but he still calls me every name in the book for no reason when my papa I am trying to help it makes me cry so much since he was such a good man but alzhemiers is eating his brain.

Wow man that is heartbreaking. You are right. It is a brain disorder. One that I wish never existed for sure. You tried hospice. Sorry they have 3 strikes rule. That does not sound fair because aggression can come with Alzheimer’s. So I think thank is unfair of them to not offer service. Families need respite. Is there an Alzheimer’s Association or something? Do medications help with the aggression?

Waves

Wow man that is heartbreaking. You are right. It is a brain disorder. One that I wish never existed for sure. You tried hospice. Sorry they have 3 strikes rule. That does not sound fair because aggression can come with Alzheimer’s. So I think thank is unfair of them to not offer service. Families need respite. Is there an Alzheimer’s Association or something? Do medications help with the aggression?
BTW. You are a saint.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
No medications make I try to give him make him dizzy and fall down I have tried many =)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00