I need a reason to live.....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dvnj22, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

I thought making progress, but I just feel like my life is meaningless and purposeless. I have nothing to hold on to. I feel I have nothing offer, I'm not talented, or very intelligent, or good looking, I have mental illness, unmanly, a loser, and physical unsightly. I'm grotesquely inadequate in everyday.

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you feel like that. Has something happened to effect the progress you were making or to alter your situation?

3. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

Nothing specific... I just don't know how to deal with it anymore.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am so sorry you are feeling so much pain. I have heard people I know describe themselves in very similar terms that you have used. And they are nothing of the sort. And yet they inisist it is true. I myself am convinced of similar things about myself. Yet other people say I am wrong. When we do not like ourselves or have been very hurt we tend to believe things about ourselves that are not acurate. I understand that I have no basis to dispute what you say. But I just wanted to write it anyway. Either way, I do understand what you are saying about now knowing how to deal with all of the pain anymore. About needing a reason to live. And thats a horrible place to be. I hope you can find a way to hold on. Is there someone who loves you? A family member? A pet? A friend? I know it is not hope. But it is still a reason to stay alive. yes?

5. PaigehBabeh

PaigehBabeh Member

I know it's difficult to believe when you're feeling really low but there is definitely good aspects about yourself! This is your sadness talking, please don't let it win. If you feel like you're useless, maybe you could find a hobby or something which makes you feel worthy and good about yourself. We're all here for a reason my friend <3

6. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Some days those self-loathing voices seem to scream at us so loud. Hang on ( even yell back some) 'cause as bad as it feels right now, it can get better. You are so very much the opposite of what your negative thoughts are telling you. If it helps at all, I too seemed to slip deeper into my emotional cave of despair as I began to make progress. Hang on, try to be kind to yourself...what is/was your most favorite thing? I love puppies and good books. ♥

7. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

I life feels directionless, I don't know what to do. I had goals when I was younger, but I was not able to fulfill them. I'm having a crisis of meaning I guess, and I don't know what to do.

8. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Start reading up on psychology to let you know how the mind works. This will enlighten your predicament, by showing you how predictable your emotional situation is due to your life experiences. You will notice how most authority figures have let you down and hopefully you will see how you can help yourself heal. Also workout, eat healthy and pray.

9. Lugnes Tiges

Lugnes Tiges New Member

How have you been dealing with it? What has changed from yesterday to today?

10. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

It's just been building up. I keep searching for the meaning of my life but can't find anything. The best I could come up with is be happy.

11. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Firstly always keep healthy, your mood is not gonna improve if you not physically healthy.
    So make sure you eat healthy and regularly
    Sleep 8 hours a night
    Keep active during the day
    Keep mentally active during the day
    Never sit and dwell on your problems
    keep your interests going
    quit smoking if you smoke
    reduce drinking if you drink

Then look after youself from social perspective,
    Make new friends, have a job, avoid conflicts

Always store crisis, samaritains and a crisis card on your mobile phone or wallet.
    But always strong and fight this remember you worth it, don't let the depression bully you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.