I need a reason to live

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheWr0ngChild, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

2. sigh__

sigh__ Member

hey, me too.

3. Random

Random Well-Known Member

As long as you have hope, that's something.

4. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

You need to make your own reasons to live, they don't just fall out the sky into your lap from nothing. Get notions of some destiny or higher calling out your system and instead find what has some meaningful significance to you. Once you find that maybe you can add it to your reasons to live. Also you don't have to have just one reason to live there can be many more but finding them takes effort and will. But failing that you will likely go on living with out a reason to live, its just how your body likes it even when the mind doesent.
    Maybe given enough time you may find a reason to live even if it is only half a reason. Some of my reasons have sometimes been entirely stupid. Like I want to watch the end of lost. Or its my cousins birthday I want to be around for that.

So if full reasons like I want to make the world a utopia of peace and love are not attainable, and they are not trust me more than one person has burnt out for not accepting the world as the flawed place it is. Settle instead for lesser reasons to live. It ill buy you time as you search for the larger reasons.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

you're not alone:sad: :hug:

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

If living for yourselves doesn't work anymore than maybe you guys could live to help others? I enjoy helping others and it helps to give my life more meaning and purpose.

7. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I need a reason to live, but I cant find it.

8. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

better find a reason to live else you guys will end up like me going deeper deeper n deeper into hell until I feel so awfully horrible even if I'm not thinking of anything negative.

9. touglytobeloved

Its too late for me. Im already there. I already feel like that.

10. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

if you feel like that, you need medication.. some of it is just a part of your mind thinking

11. touglytobeloved

I thought its only in my mind, and I was living in hope that things will be better. But it has been so much time, and nothing has changed. I dont know if you have read my threads and posts, but as I have mentioned there, im ugly, i have health problems, new problems appears every day, i have not had a really happy day in the last 8 years, and im in love in a girl, and I know that she can never love me. I was waiting something all my life, and now I realise that it will never come.

12. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

Better try to put a 'brake' on your downward spiral, you need to see a doc if you feel like me oredi cos reactive/situational depression will cause chemical imbalances in our brains and it makes you feel worse and when you feel worse, you get more and more depressed and it makes you feel worse and it's self-feeding.

13. touglytobeloved

Im not sure its all in my brain. The facts and the life and the real problems brought me here. its not in my head.

14. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

you are right. Your problems are very real and is not a figment of your imagination, just like mine, it's real. but the damn thing is that it DOES affect the chemical balance in our brains and makes things even worse. popping pills wont change the situation you are in, it will only help you to cope better with the situation. I would not be around here today if I didnt finally give in and see the doc in January. but it doesnt guarantee that I wont be a suicide cos my problems cannot be resolved and is also not a figment of my imagination.

15. touglytobeloved

And how ADs affect to your mind? I have never tryed them, because I dont see that they can affect me. But, if you can, tell me what pills are they and how they affect on your mind?

16. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

ADs changes the serotonin levels in your brain and makes you feel better but the meds don't solve your problems in real life. It treats the symptoms of depression so you can function better. If you are feeling horrible even without thinking of anything negative about your situation, you may seriously consider seeing a doc. I was just like you, in a real life hopeless situation (career in my case) and I never believed in popping pills will be the solution to my problems. It never did but it made me feel more stable and calm. My case was really bad, I went into a zombie like stage and felt like my mind and body was detached and trapped in time and felt hollow /empty (really i swear). I told my family that I'm beyond recovery as I thought I was oredi going mad. I've reached the point of no return as my depression feeded itself. Just two days before my planned suicide ( I REALLY was going to do it), my parents sensed something really wrong as my face showed the severity of my depression and practically begged me to see a doc. I gave in NOT because I wanted to live or anything as all I wanted was death but because I love my parents so much. Forced myself to take the medication and promised to take them for at least 2 weeks. Due to the severity of my condition, my doc prescribed me fast acting ADs and after a week, I felt I wasn't going mad. My extremely strong suicidal urges left and what remained was that I do not want to live and wished to die but the strong extreme urges disappeared. So I admitted to the doc on the next follow up that he was correct. Situational / reactive depression does cause chemical imbalances in the brain. With chemical imbalances in the brain, things become worse and worse.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  17. touglytobeloved

What pills should I take? I want to try them, but I dont want to go to doctor.

18. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

do *not* go on anti-depressants without the support of your doctor. they have serious side effects and so you need to work with your doctor to find the ones that work best for you, in what dosage, and together you can monitor how you respond to them. for instance, some people become more suicidal when they first start taking meds. i know i did, and i thought i was already at rock bottom.

i can give you some tips on talking to your doc if you like. i did and it was one of the hardest conversations i've ever had to have. but he was great, really saved my life to be honest,

catherine

19. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Ironically, some anti-depressants can make people suicidal. Somewhat counterproductive in my opinion.

20. touglytobeloved

I will read about them. I use to learn pharmacy in highschool :) I just want to know the name of some pills that have helped to someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.