i need advice ASAP please??

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by heartlessfaceless, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartlessfaceless

heartlessfaceless Active Member

Ok without making this some huge long life long story post...i just need some adivce in the immeadiate ...i have been depressed since i was 13 years old and then after having my son i got worse and everytime i went to the doctor instead of being listened to i just had another new anti-depressant threw at me even though non of them were working..two tipped me over the edge and i ended up taking two overdoses...even after that i was just given yet more anti-depressants until i gave up going back cause i was just not being listened to at all...
    ...but now i have actually lost the plot ..i am 99% sure i have had a nervous breakdown in the past 2 days and something is very wrong with me...ive completly flipped out mentally and i need some advice on how to MAKE my doctor listen to me...i dont want to be sent home with another pack of some useless anti depressant and be told to wait two weeks for it to kick in..i either need somethin that is goin to work now...or i need some other form of treatment...or i am going to kill myself..im not being over dramatic either.

How can i MAKE my doctor listen to me???? i am literally desperate and need to put my son first in this situation,i may want to kill myself but i am responsible for another human being and being selfish is NOT an option...

so please?..any advice at all on how to make my doctor listen would be sooooo appreciated???

2. helena

helena Staff Alumni

Hi heartlessfaceless :)
    Welcome to the forum.
    I guess the only way is beeing as openhearted with him/her as here.
    If it's obvious for me that meds haven't been working for you, I guess
    someone professional has to notice too.
    Just be very honest, tell him you need something lasting solutions, as you're tired of trying out meds that wont work, and probably isnt too good too to keep on trying new meds.
    I have children myself too, and I am so glad you keep your kid in mind
    in order to prevent you to do something bad. hold on to that thought, because he needs you and I am sure you don't want for him what you've been fighting for so long.
    I think you should try to make it clear that you want to raise your child healthy and happy, medical world should help you on that.
    Maybe you neeed a psycholist, I mean, a real listener, someone who goes to the bottom of your feelings, as probably never happened?
    I hear you dispair, and all I can wish is that you be listened to so you can fight your depression and be able to enjoy life in general and motherhood in particular.
    I hope this is of some use to you, or maybe you get more usefull advice from others around here.
    Keep fighting, wish you luck :)
    :hug:

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm sorry to hear you're in such a bad space. :hug: First, if you are in immediate danger of hurting yourself, please go to your local emergency room right now.

If it's not immediate danger and you can wait until you see your doctor, perhaps make a list of things you'd like to say (maybe even starting with "I've made a list because I really want you to hear me this time."

If your doc won't listen, try another doc. And then if that hasn't worked, you could go to the emergency and tell them you're feeling like you've had some kind of breakdown and are having suicidal feelings.

How long did you take the anti-depressants before? They can take up to a few weeks to kick in and start to help. Also, it can be a long trial and error process to find the one(s) that work for you. Perhaps your doc and you need to keep trying different ones that are available.

Good luck with the doc. In the meantime, keep posting here for support. Stay safe, 'K?

A.

4. heartlessfaceless

heartlessfaceless Active Member

I took a list once before and he told me he thought i had "written most of the things down from a book or website of some sort" as the descriptions were to presice!!! :mad: i really am at the end of the line..:(:(

Ive written a big page full of what and how i feel and why i think i might of had a nervour breakdown ..and im going to take it with me this morning and say that ive written it cos ive become very irrational over the past few days and i didnt want to forget to mention anything. i hope it helps cause if somethin is not done then i dont no wot i will end up doing..ive become so paranoid and irratic and anxious and have no slept at all in 36 hours now...

5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

:hug:

Hi there,

How did you get on with your Doctor today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.