i need advice, help or whatever....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by xlostx, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xlostx

xlostx Member

i want to tell my parents about me feeling suicidal all the time and about my cutting, but im so scared of what their reaction will be. i think i need to go 2 a hospital for treatment or just to keep myself from harming myself. i looked online for help and its not working its just triggering my self harm.. i dont know what to do anymore if i dont get help soon im goin 2 end up dead. does anyone have any advice?
  2. WanderingStar

WanderingStar Account Closed

It's a difficult thing to tell your parents. I still haven't told mine. Though, I almost did once. I found that writing it down and giving the writing to them seemed much easier than outright saying it.
  3. man

man Well-Known Member

telling your parents is a good idea, if they react strange, then just tell them its the way you feel, feelings shouldn't be punished or anything its just the way you feel, they might be initaly concerned and suprised but probably thankfull that you spoke up and allowed them to help. Good luck.
  4. xlostx

xlostx Member

thanks. idk if i can tell them though they already have enough problems and i dont want to bother them.. :sad: im gona try tellin the school conselor i just hope i dont change my mind b4 i tell her
  5. man

man Well-Known Member

I think its good to let someone know, might feel strange to tell a stranger, but I think you would be making great use of your resources if you talked to your counselor about it, its one of the reasons they are there
  6. xlostx

xlostx Member

i think it would be easier to tell a stranger because they have no reason 2 feel bad for me the last thing i want is some1 to feel sorry for me because i dont deserve their sympathy because i do this 2 myself
  7. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Something makes you to do that. Try to find what is it. And tell someone if you think you can. I know its hard to tell your parents, you dont want to hurt them. Thats why i keep my pain inside me, but they can still see the sorrow on my face.
  8. xlostx

xlostx Member

i really dont want to go 2 a stranger before i go 2 my parents because i think it would make them feel bad that i couldnt go to them for help. i just need to do something soon before i end up killing myself. life is hard i hate it. man, i just wish things were easy.
  9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi xlostx,

i think it's great that you are working up the nerve to tell your parents. you could try and write it down and rehearse before you have the conversation. you could start by saying that you have been feeling very low, so low that it scares you. and then take it from there. hopefully they will ask a few questions.

you could also talk to the counsellor at school about how to have that conversation with your parents. maybe they could also rehearse it with you.

i wish things were easy, too. but once you get some help it will be like a heavy weight has been lifted from your shoulders. let us know how it goes?
  10. GS9

GS9 The Lost Boy

tell them that you have a serious issue that you have to talk about

Trust me its easier than it sounds but you have to push yourself in order to make a difference :hug:
  11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You have to have a concious thought to have a feeling. Think about it.
    Good Luck,
  12. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Talking to your parents about this is a really hard thing to do, however, it is not all that bad. I for one know that I am much better at writing than I am at speaking to someone in person. So, to tell my mom, I sent her an e-mail explaining things. Maybe if you are having a hard time talking to them you could try the same? Just remember this is as new for them as it is for you, so they will make mistakes. *huggles* Take care and I hope it all works out. PM me if you ever need to talk.

13. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think that you are very brave and will find comfort telling either your school counselor or your parents...best of luck, J
  14. xlostx

xlostx Member

thanks everyone :] well me and my boyfriend were talking and he's goin to help me tell my parents because im not brave enough just to come out with it. hopefully this works if not then i have no idea what to do
  15. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

I hope they understand and will be able to get you help.

Sometimes we all need support.
  16. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully they understand and will be really supportive to you through this. *huggles*

17. xlostx

xlostx Member

18. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

You'll be fine.

You might feel better after telling them.

Take a deep breath and try to relax before you tell them.
  19. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Try writing down your thoughts, then write something positive on the same subject. You will eventually get the courage to talk to your parents and tell them you think you need professional
    help. If you get stuck trying to put into words, take yourself to the hospital and let them read what you have written.
    It's a good thing, your thinking ahead to knowing you need help. Being in the hospital is not a bad thing. I have been in and out several times. I made a promise to my therapist in the hospital that when I see I am getting that low that I wiil bring my sagging behind back to the hospital before I do something rash. I hope this helps a little. Good luck,
  20. xlostx

xlostx Member

man i chickened out. i couldnt tell them.. im retarded.. i shouldnt even have to tell them i cut cuz i shouldnt be cutting, but i cant help it.. ugh. i wish life was easier
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.