i need advice

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lacedw/nitroglycerin, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i don't know what to do about my boyfriend. he's so depressed and suicidal and all of his hope of life ever getting better. i tried getting him to join this site, but he refuses, telling me that it would never help because he's just so messed up. he won't get anything a chance. i'm just so scared that he's never gonna get better, and he's never gonna be happy, or even worse, he might kill himself. i'm trying to talk to him right now, but i don't really know what i can say that can actually help him.

someone please help me with this. give me advice

2. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Im sorry I dont know what to say.. just be there for him and encourage him to talk.

Goodluck and Takecare, Ally_%

3. Robin

Robin Guest

Sometimes I guess some people want to fail because they feel they should fail, that they are not worth the effort of helping themselves getting better. Try telling your boyfriend that this site won't solve his problems and it won't save him if he's beyond saving but it will give him the option of being able to talk about his problems honestly with people who are likely to understand and empathise with him, being depressed can be lonely at times even when you have the strongest supporters mainly for the lack of people who haven't gone through a similar thing, at the very least it couldn't hurt.

I think you are doing a wonderful job supporting your boyfriend but don't forget, even the carers need support sometime, if you need support anytime just drop me a line robin@suicideforum.com
    Tc
    Robin.

4. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

hey, i agree with what everyone else said...just be there for him...and don't push him to hard...it'll make alot of people give up. GOOD LUCK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.