I need friends.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by doityourself, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

How the hell do you make friends anymore???????

I mean seriously when everyone is scared to talk to eachother and everyone uses a computer or some kind of electronic to chat and keep up with eachother. How do you meet new people? Where are these people at?

2. stig

stig Well-Known Member

do you have any hobbies? interests? i took up archery and joined the local field shooters. it is a good way to meet people with a common interest.

3. doityourself

I havent had a true friend that I could just hang out with or that called me to hang out with in over 10 years. Missing that connection.

When I try and talk to someone they either look down on me or look at me like Im crazy, you know stranger danger or something.

4. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I have friends I havent seen from high school, but we keep in touch via the odd email... then when I see them after 4 years they tell everyone we've been friends "ever since" grade-whatever... Im like WHAT???!!!

But yes, people are starting to hide behind technology way to much...whatever happened to grabbing a coffee together at the same starbucks...sitting in different starbucks, both on computers talking to eachother doesnt count..

5. doityourself

Thanks stig, I do have hobbies but cant find anyone that shares them with me. I love to hang outdoors, hike, walk, bike, camp, shop, go to movies anything. The problem is finding someone to do those hobbies with.

I ask people then their like sure lets do that, but then when you plan it they always have something to do or just dont want to go.

6. doityourself

Yes ^^^^^exactly.

How recently have you tried asking someone you dont know to do something, its like we want to rob and beat them or something.

It also seems like alot of the woman I meet can only have 1 friend, like the other person gets jealous is someone else comes in to hang, and that is just to childish for me.

7. stig

stig Well-Known Member

are you anywhere near the south coast? uk? i walk, hike, camp and do bushcraft. i walked the length of hadrians wall last year.

8. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Thats why most of my friends are male...other girls are just too caty for me. Like Im sorry, I didnt know it was illegal to have more than one best friend or Im sorry that I cant remember to tell you every last little thing that I discussed with so-&-so...

I can understand why people in my city are skecthed about strangers (we have the highest murder rate per capita in canada right now...& we have a population of 97,000). Our crime is out of control & I must admit even Im a little hesitant about strangers...but really...who's going to rob you or kill you in the middle of a starbucks :blink:

9. doityourself

Thanks to all, Im here in IL.

I agree that you have to be hesitant of new people but damn cant we just have conversations anymore. AND I totally agree about girlfriends, its just all so high school with the drama, gotta worry about people taking your man, things like that I have no energy or want for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.