i need help in chat quiet place room now

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by soliloquise, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

nobody in chat lobby will help me. i am arelly sick and my friend has od'd/ of you can plesae come in

2. soliloquise

i give up on this site. no mods or other chatters but one batted an eyelid when i asked for help on an od.
    i dont think ican do this anymore. i dont see the point when nobody really cares

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

It's not our job to baby sit everyone. I'm sorry you feel this way. Sometimes people just aren't up to dealing with things like that, everyone is here for their own reasons remember. You seem to forget that. If it's getting onto of you i suggest taking a break from the site. A lot of have been where you are, dealing with crisis after crisis. It gets tiring eventually.

4. soliloquise

right ok thanks

5. soliloquise

nevermind. that response stunned me. i wont write more cos I will be the bad guy :{

thanks

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

How has it stunned you? You expect everyone to drop how their feeling? their feeling of being unsafe?? I really don't get why you don't seem to realise that we are all here for the same reason. Anyone here will tell you that sometimes people just aren't up to dealing with something like that.

I could sugar coat if for you if you like? i'm purely telling you the truth.

You can't help someone that won't help themselvs.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
  7. soliloquise

what has stunned me is the coldness.. and what happened in chat earlier publically . i am gonna talk to robin about it ok.

8. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

There is no coldness about it. I'm simply stating that some people just aren't up to dealing with it so don't get pissed at everything for it. I'm trying not to cut my arm to pieces hence why im trying to stay away from triggering subjects. An OD is triggering for me. I just don't think its fair for you to bash a mod nor a member for not being able to help when their trying to help themselfs. It can get too much and i've seen member after member crash and burn out simply because they can't take the crisis after crisis. Can you blame them for wanting to take a break? Yes we might be mod but as i've told you time and time again we are only human, we are the same as everyone here but that doesn't mean we have to take the weight of the world on our shoulders.

And regarding chat ... which i might add has nothing to do with this thread and should be taken somewhere else ie. LTM ... the logs can be checked and i also have it saved on my computer in a document. It was a discussion, it was not a fight, their were no bad feelings between it, something was taken the wrong way. The other mod in question PM'ed and apologised for the way they acted. If a discussion like that is not allowed in chat then their really is no point in having the chat room at all. If you saw it as a fight then your seriously mistaken and the other mod will say the same to you.

9. soliloquise

10. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

pm if you need someone to talk to.

11. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

lol solilquise, you haven't said anything to gain infractions. i dont see why you think you have...

and i can see completely where vikki is coming from, everybody needs to remember we're all here for the same reasons and to single out mods not listening to you isn't fair. If i'm in a bad way i ignore all the people in chat asking for support, the chat lobby is used to for light hearted discussions, not triggering subjects, when i go in chat and see any discussions about OD's, harming or even sex or drug usage i leave. I join the chat lobby for light hearted discussions, not to support people or listen to how shit their day has been. So yer, i can see where vikki's coming from because i feel like it a lot but mods have it 100x worse having to cope with behind the scenes forum lark we dont see.

12. soliloquise

ther is more to it than that. i will take it to robin i cant talk about it here cos i wil get slated

13. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

i've seen what you're talking about and again, i dont see what your problem is...feel free to waste robins time on a misunderstanding that has already been recognised and sorted between the two people actually involved.

and anyway, surely you have a suicidal friend that needs looking after? priorities?

14. soliloquise

no you odnt cos i am not going to post it here. please leave it
    as for my friend, she has called an ambulance. ty to those who helped.

15. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

no i dont what?
    i'm not asking you to post anything, i've already read it. just saying, 3 people, including the member that misunderstood, have seen there was nothing wrong being said so you should stop shit stirring and expecting the mods to wipe your backside for you.

16. soliloquise

please dont insult me. thanks

17. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

it's not an insult, its my opinion.

18. Why are you even involved?

Leave soliloquise alone, if you don't have anything constructive and supportive to say to her.

19. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

i'm involved because i'm a member on this forum and have seen solilquise's constant rants about how the mods aren't doing enough. For some reason he/she seems to think the mods have no feelings or life off of SF to deal with when in actual fact they do. Constantly nit picking at staff for missing things in chat is 1. a waste of time and 2. a complete confidence/self esteem killer for the mod or chat monitor it is aimed at.

and thats why i'm involved. The mods are rarely thanked for what they do and on a daily basis beaten mentally. You cannot make a post on this forum saying 'so and so is in chat and they're ignoring me', tough shit, i'm sometimes ignored in chat because it moves too fast or because members are caught up in conversation, tough shit thats life, gotta learn to deal with it, doesn't give you grounds to constantly complain about it.

20. soliloquise

i would like to ask that this thread be locked due to the insults that are starting and i will take it to robin. especially as jbird does not even know what happened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.