I need help.. Self harm.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ofvanityandwax, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ofvanityandwax

ofvanityandwax Active Member

I've been SI free for 59 days, and right now, I'm going crazy trying not to pick up my razor blade. I can't keep going without it or I'm gonna do something even dumber.
    I just need someone to talk to right now. Really, really bad. I'd call a suicide hotline, but I'm scared to. :/
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

why they are kind the will give you the energy to not hurt yourself. Don't start again okay my daughter did and now sheis so worse now don't start call for help okay.
  3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Throw those blades away. As long as they are there they will taunt you. You can beat this urge. Call the hotline that is why it is there. You can beat this, you know you can.
  4. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there ..
    iv also struggled alot with SH.. im 3 months SH free at the moment.. but i still think about it .. alot.. its very hard when you rely on it.. especially day to day..
    like forgotten_man suggested.. i had to throw the blades away.. of course it doesnt stop you completely.. but it does give you that 5-10 mins of searching for an object- to realise what your about to do.. for me a large part of it was 'routine'..
    you have done so well being 59 days free! thats an amazing achievement..
    maybe trying to keep yourself busy at the moment might help? go for a walk, make something to eat, have a chat to a close friend/family member.. any one you get on with .. it doesnt have to be about SH.. or even check out the 'arcade' section on the website.. i used to play on there loads to pass some time..

take care :hug:
  5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from the urge to harm yourself? Someone you can call up/a book/a movie you can occupy yourself with?

You can do it!
  6. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Of vanity,

Turn that self punishment into creativity. Write ,paint, act. Get it out in other ways. The part of you that loves yourself is stronger than the self destructive side. Don't forget to pray. Prayer changes things. I PROMISE if you pray for a few days a light will shine through. PROMISE.

Write me if you like,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.