I need help staying happy

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by voices_inmy_head, Jun 10, 2008.

1. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

How im trying but its too hard! *sobs*
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry things are so hard. Keep trying. You can make it through. :hug:
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I have trouble staying happy too. I'll be having a great day and then it's like oh wait but life sucks. Just try not to let the bad thoughts creep up on you.
  4. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

you're not alone. i think a lot of people have trouble staying happy. in todays world, how are we supposed to stay happy when look at what the media tells us? happiness, i think, is. . . i shouldn't be giving advice because right now i'm not too happy. isn't it weird how one day can be so completely awesome and the next it feels as if someone kicked you in the stomach. or am i the only one who ever feels that way???

what helps me when i'm feeling down is by looking up stuff on google. you know, peace prayers and stuff like that are really good to look at and i'm not a very. . . what's the word? i don't think i'm thinking of the word sentimental. . . hmm. . . i'm hurting my head even worse now. good luck with the "happiness" thing.

oh, one other thing, sometimes, though this is going to sound very cheesy, sometimes all that makes us happy are little things, like taking a walk and just checking out your environment. usually helps me. again, good luck!!!
  5. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

I've been quite happy for a few days now, yet behind it all is this little thing that keeps trying to bring me down, it's partly my own paranoia saying why hasn't he text yet or why has this not happened what have I done.

Ack! I need to stay distracted. So I drank a lot. Now I'm feeling bad and tired and the paranoia is still there.

I want to stay happy! I really do! But I'm sabotaging myself

Thank you all for your kind comments *hugs*