I need help!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hassegutten, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hassegutten

Hassegutten New Member

Im a 20 year old guy from norway!

Ive beed suicidal since i can remember. I have been through alot of stuff. Saw my mom pass away slowly by narcotics same as my dad...
    2 years ago i found my escape! That was weed.. I smoked atleast 3 grams a day until 2 months ago. I stopped and got even more depressed and<mod edit- Methods>
    I almost died that night.. And now im more suicidal im crying everyday thinking why the hell did i survive that!
    I have no contact with my friends anymore nor my parents. I never pick up the phone or answer messages...

I want help but i dont know how.
    Does anyone have any tips for coming back on my feet.

Im use some meds and i feel that they doesnt work.

Zoloft 150mg
    Seroquel 100mg
    Effexor 100mg
    Ritalin 50 mg
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  2. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

Hi Hassegutten,
    I just came across your post and saw that no one had replied to it, so I thought I would try to offer you some comfort. Firstly, it sounds like an awful situation you're in. I can't even begin to imagine how lonely you must feel. I can't help as such, and I don't want to offer you any advice. Meds have never worked for me either, and neither has psychotherapy (that's not to say it won't work for you). I do have just one minor suggestion, which you should only follow if you feel comfortable with it. Choosing to answer just one phone call (aim low) might temporarily lift your feelings of isolation and therefore ease your suicidal feelings slightly. Or even step outside for a brief walk. You might pass someone in the street who smiles at you. These things may seem stupid or insignificant, but when you're so depressed you really have to just take small actions that you can manage--- because even those smallest actions seem like the most difficult things in the world.
    And lastly, I understand. Know that myself and many other people in the world have been, or are in, positions similar to yours. If you can find understanding, it helps to lift the feelings sometimes. So well done for reaching out.
    All the best,
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I'm really sorry to hear about both of your parents, cannot imagine losing any family member through an addiction. How awful. But there is hope for you and it does not have to be in substance abuse although I can understand how you got addicted. Is it possible you can see a drug counselor as well as taking those medications, that would be great. Of those medicines I am on zoloft at 200mg and I do find that it helps a lot. Why have you lost contact with your friends? You might benefit from this forum, you can make friends here, people who will understand you too, you can also make new friends in real life. It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom.

Best of luck you .
  4. Hassegutten

Hassegutten New Member

Ill try to pick up the phone. But there is something weird with me, its almost like i have anxiety for phones...

I just lost contact with my friends.. Mostly because i didnt pick up the phone and acted weird when i met them at the store and such.
    I feel much more safe alone.. I feel like a nobody, that no one wants to talk to.
    I will call my doctor and ask for a drug counselor. Zoloft worked great for 6 months, but when i lost my "love of my life" the whole world just shattered. I thought i could recover but it seems that ive gotten worse and worse each day....

Sorry for my grammar! If you dont understand something just ask.

And thanks for replying! Really appreciate it :arms:
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think that is a great idea-to see the doctor again, just be totally honest about how you are feeling, explain the zoloft has lost it's effect, if you think it has. Maybe losing ''the love of your life'' is playing the major role here. I totally get you when you say you feel safe alone, I feel like that sometimes too.

P.S I am going to delete your profile pic as it looks like a personal one, please then add another one if you want, personal one's aren't allowed.

I wish you the very best of luck :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.