I need help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by iloveredroses94, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iloveredroses94

iloveredroses94 New Member

Hello I am new here,

I recently broke up with the love of my life because he couldn't deal with my PTSD symptoms. I have struggled with them for over 7 years and now feel truly hopeless. I can't fix myself and now my issues are driving my loved ones away from me. It is non-military PTSD that I ended up with after a traumatic accident at an abusive workplace. I don't know what to do and now I am struggling with thoughts about ending my life <mod edit - timeline>. I am not in immediate danger but the thoughts have been in my head and I no longer know what I should do about all of this. I can't get myself out of this mess and there's no place else for me to turn except the Internet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your break up and symptoms, you're going through a terrible time. Why do you want to end your life? Just remember that even though it may not seem like it, there's always a way out if you're in a hopeless place. Have you sought help from a doctor or therapist for your PTSD and suicidal thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  3. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you're having a rough time. I'm also in a mess that I can't get out of. I think that my brain is damaged. I've bent over backwards to try and get help, but there just isn't anything that they can do for me. There's really no hope for me. Suicide would be my only way out, but I'm too chicken to try anything.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:happy_hello: welcome to the forum, I am sure you will get lots of support here and hope the thoughts of suicide will pass. Are you currently in a treatment plan for your PTSD? If so, is it helping any bit?

5. staticmind01

staticmind01 New Member

I understand how you feel. I also recently went through a breakup because of my mental issues, and I'm more depressed and hopeless than I've ever been. I feel like I'm a broken person and until I can fix myself, I'll never find anyone who will really care about me. But I can't just fix it, I can't make it go away, so the only option for me is to give up. You're not alone in this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.