• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Ideas & Opinions I need help

Oh wow. Where, and how do I start? Hello everybody, I am new on this forum! I am currently struggling with my weight and I have been for the past 2 years. It sucks. I’m at a healthy weight right now, thought I needed to mention this. Right now is the worst I’ve ever been, my feelings towards my body and appearance are hard to put into words. However, there is some other stuff too. My closest group of friends have recently closed me out and are saying some pretty rough stuff behind my back. I loved them, and apparently as you can see friends can break your heart too. The country I live in isn’t the one I was born in and because of COVID, I won’t be able to relax and be with my family and friends over there this year. I feel so alone. This summer has been so hot do far and all I’ve been doing is crying and sleeping, then waking up all swolen from the crying, then crying again. Because of that, my parents forced me into working at a kindergarten 8 hours a day. I hate it. I wake up numb, and go to sleep numb. I have nothing to look forward to, life feels meaningless. I even thought of SH again, after a year of not doing so. How do I cope? I’ve got so much shit on my back. I know that my ”problems” are nothing compared to others out here, but everyones struggle is valid. Everybody deserves to be listened to. I hope you have a good day, thank you for reading. ❤️
(SORRY IF I POSTED IN A WRONG THREAD IM NEW HERE)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there and welcome to SF. We're glad you're here to talk.
A lot of people here are having struggled with weight or body image so you'll find a lot of people on both ends of that spectrum to relate to (not sure which one of these you're battling though I've got an idea)
Sounds as though you were feeling depressed and your parents wanted you to get up and out of the house, is that right? Sometimes it's hard to see what is or isn't the best thing for us - from our own perspective AND from the outside. Your parents might have the right idea - getting out of the house for a routine is a good thing - but driving you into a space with 40 children might be terrible for your mindset. Maybe you should switch to another job in order to appease you both? It sounds as though they just want you to be doing something that has you getting up and dressed every day, taking care of yourself and doing something for other people and making some money as a bonus. (I really could not cope with kids yelling and running around all day either!!)
No one here will judge your problems against theirs. We really just don't do that. You feel how you feel about things. We had someone here once who was suicidal because he had a bad haircut so sometimes something small sets people off down a road it's hard to come back from. You're perfectly justified to feel any way you like. Were you feeling depressed before covid happened? (I hear you saying you've been struggling with weight issues which could be related to lots of things, including depression)

Drop back in some time soon,
See you around,
Matt

JDot

1 Peter 5:7
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi @1xcloytzelen It's understandable to be depressed when your friends turn against you. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. We're here for you. And we're glad to have you here.

Hi there and welcome to SF. We're glad you're here to talk.
A lot of people here are having struggled with weight or body image so you'll find a lot of people on both ends of that spectrum to relate to (not sure which one of these you're battling though I've got an idea)
Sounds as though you were feeling depressed and your parents wanted you to get up and out of the house, is that right? Sometimes it's hard to see what is or isn't the best thing for us - from our own perspective AND from the outside. Your parents might have the right idea - getting out of the house for a routine is a good thing - but driving you into a space with 40 children might be terrible for your mindset. Maybe you should switch to another job in order to appease you both? It sounds as though they just want you to be doing something that has you getting up and dressed every day, taking care of yourself and doing something for other people and making some money as a bonus. (I really could not cope with kids yelling and running around all day either!!)
No one here will judge your problems against theirs. We really just don't do that. You feel how you feel about things. We had someone here once who was suicidal because he had a bad haircut so sometimes something small sets people off down a road it's hard to come back from. You're perfectly justified to feel any way you like. Were you feeling depressed before covid happened? (I hear you saying you've been struggling with weight issues which could be related to lots of things, including depression)

Drop back in some time soon,
See you around,
Matt
Thank you so much Matt! It really means a lot to me to hear that somebody cares to listen to my crap. So basically, I am underage and didn’t get to chose the job, my parents did. There are about 15 kids there daily but since I work so many hours it really takes away the little freedom I had ”left”. I have nobody to be with through the days, and I have no friends to hang out with. I miss my family man, I really hoped good things for this summer and seeing how it’s turning out makes me wanna bawl my eyes out. I’m really trying to keep everything together.
//Zelen

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I do hear you saying that you are struggling with this job in particular. (would drive me nuts too) Do you think you can persuade the parents in saying that you're not as opposed to have "a" job as having "this" job?

I do hear you saying that you are struggling with this job in particular. (would drive me nuts too) Do you think you can persuade the parents in saying that you're not as opposed to have "a" job as having "this" job?
See, here’s the thing, I can’t even mention the job ( in a negative way ) to my (especially) mother. She says that I work for only three weeks, and that I should just ”man up” and do it for the money. Don’t get me wrong, kids can be amazing but this job is like torturing me in the most brutal way. I don’t want to force on a smile and a nice, friendly attitude when I in reality feel like dying inside. I don’t work for much money either, not worth the awkwardness I’m forced to helplessly go through every day.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
ugh yeah, man, that is kinda crap. Three weeks you say? I vote you make it a game then. Every day you break out some kind of game with yourself. How many kids put a sticky hand on you. How many kids say a swear word. How many kids fart. How many times you see socks or underpants in a day. I think you can make it through three weeks and since it sounds like you don't have much of a choice I think maybe you should try to make the best of it in some way. (Not sure what that would be but maybe that can be your next thread and people can throw down ideas!)

ugh yeah, man, that is kinda crap. Three weeks you say? I vote you make it a game then. Every day you break out some kind of game with yourself. How many kids put a sticky hand on you. How many kids say a swear word. How many kids fart. How many times you see socks or underpants in a day. I think you can make it through three weeks and since it sounds like you don't have much of a choice I think maybe you should try to make the best of it in some way. (Not sure what that would be but maybe that can be your next thread and people can throw down ideas!)
sure!! thank you for taking your time to listen to me and help me out, really means lots! the game idea sounds fun lol, i’ll see what i can do w that. gotta sleep now, cya! <3

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
SF Pro
Hi @1xcloytzelen you took the first step in finding a place you can breathe and let it all out, that’s the first step :) so we’ll done
Secondly, unfortunately if you’re a little on the young side like I think I read then parents generally have the say. I know it sucks but that’s just the way some things are. You say you’re parents forced you to go out and get a job because of being depressed? Tbh I kinda wish my parents did that for me when I was younger! Being made to get out into the fresh air etc is exactly what you need :) self care is very important when you’re feeling low. It makes us feel better. I’ve been through a lot of bad places and not taken care of myself, like showering, brushing my teeth or eating, but have managed to look after my 2 daughters because they are important but looking at myself I was not important.
Finally, I also suffer with my body image but I’m learning, I’m currently trying to lose weight and so far I’ve been doing this for 4 weeks now and I’ve only managed to lose 3lbs which to me is not enough, and I’m extremely disappointed in myself, but I know slow and steady is the better way and once I’m back to work it’ll be easier! As I’ll be a lot more mobile. I also suffer with fibromyalgia which I think plays a massive part in me not being able to lose weight.
I hope you start to feel better soon, my inbox is always open :)
lauren

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00