• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I need help

Hi, I've not been here in a while and it was going great..but my mum is getting sicker and I can't cope..
We found out that her tumour markers are high and this usually indicates cancer..
I don't know how to help my dad, my mum and finally myself..
My thoughts get worse with everyday..

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
Forum Pro
Hi and I am so sorry to hear about your mum as can only imagine how difficult this must be for you all. Please remember to be gentle on yourself and take it one day at a time. I wondered do you have any other family members/friends or a counselor/therapist whom you can share your thoughts/feelings and/or additional support? Sending you heartfelt hugs and encourage you to keep posting. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
HI Marymoo, I really am sorry to hear that, it must be such an incredibly hard time for you right now as well as your parents. As @Kiwi2016 has mentioned, perhaps seeking counselling support may be of help. There are dedicated support groups for people in similar situations such as yours within the UK. I'm not sure what country you're in, but I assume or at least hope there will be something there for you to lean on during these distressing times.

But do keep chatting, we're here to listen.

Hi, I've not been here in a while and it was going great..but my mum is getting sicker and I can't cope..
We found out that her tumour markers are high and this usually indicates cancer..
I don't know how to help my dad, my mum and finally myself..My
I am sorry to hear about your mom, I pray that she gets better soon. Spend as much time as you can with her and keep hope alive. I know what you are going through and I can only pray for you. Please you have to stay strong for yourself & your family

ib4uib

I'm sorry to hear about your mum.
I went through something very similar. The only thing you can do is to be there as much as possible for those around you. I know that is easier said than done but sadly things like this are totally out of our control.
Nobody really knows what the future holds for any of us, we all run the risk of being struck down with illness, disability or even death in the blink of an eye. Nobody is 100% safe and none of us are going to leave this Earth alive.

That being said don't live your life screwing yourself up, talk to your mum, support her and be the rock that she was for you when you was a little kid and was there for you when you fell off your bike etc.
Support your Dad as well, it is one of the toughest parts of life and tough times have happened to trillions of generations before us, and many of generations still to come.
Make sure you eat, don't drink alcohol or take drugs. Walk each day even if it's only for 15 minutes. Reach out wherever you can and whenever you need.

And just focus on being that rock, cuz posting here shows signs of strength already!
Don't give up, study and aim to beat this, that will help you to become the rock everybody around you needs. I studied this once and it will help you to remain positive knowing you tried. Cuz that's all any of us can do. Just try our best!
https://naturalsociety.com/sea-cucumber-shrinks-cancer-cells-95-percent/
Take care!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00