I need help!!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by crisis4Life, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crisis4Life

crisis4Life Member

I am currently at university, first year (yes I go to school in the summer as well, its a co-op program)... I have finals starting in about 5 days...

you should know that this is my second time repeating the term... last time, i started skipping classes half way through the term because i just couldnt get up to go to class... either that or I didn't want to see any people... by the end of the term, i knew nothing... I couldn't even bring myself to walk into my algebra final... it was terrible.. the others I attempted, but failed... It was a terrible term, and afterwards, i took a term off, tried to help myself, and decided i wanted to give it another shot.

well, here i am, giving it another shot, spending another 6 000$ for fucking 4 months of education i should have already passed through... things were going well at first, but now they are slipping again... i passed midterms really well, and i was going to class and everything (even despite being depressed )... but now I have skipped the last couple of weeks, and now finals are approaching... i know its only a couple of weeks, easily caught up with right? well, possibly, i might have been caught up if i weren't so fucking lazy... all I do is sleep all day, I do nothing, I don't work, I don't study...

I desperately need advice... I am thinking of leaving school, and going to the hospital where i can just let it out once and for all, where I can be me and hopefully feel safe... there I could also get a medical note, and that way i could write the exams the next time they are offered. Though this seems attractive however... I am scared to do it... I am scared I will never go back to school, I am scared I will have nothing if i leave now... I really don't know what to do...

any advice would really help... i feel so hopeless... :sad:

2. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Go to the hospital, you are not going to get better all by yourself. You are worth getting help for, you are worth it. School will always be there, take the time you need now to get well.

I am struggling with a very similar situation, and I know how hard it is to reach out, but try to do it if you can.

hang in there!

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Yep Swimgirl said exactly what I was going to say. Better to get yourself sorted and safe than keep trying to struggle on and not doing anything properly or getting any joy out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.