I need help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by crisis4Life, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crisis4Life

crisis4Life Member

I don't know what to do anymore, lately everything has felt so lost. I thought I was ok, I came back to school, things so far have been fairly well... but I have this one friend, who used to be my boyfriend, and I thought we could remain friends, I wanted to help him out, but its just so hard... he's the only one who knows everything about me, absolutely everything, about how I cut, how I've tried overdoses, knows my whole past with my family and everything. But he's also purely logical and doesn't notice when I need help, and we argue all the time, but I need him around because he's the only one I feel comfortable talking to, when we aren't arguing. and part of me thinks maybe I stay friends with him so that I can hurt myself, cause I know he will hurt me and possibly drive me to suicide... and I just want him out of my life, or I want him to understand, but he can't understand, I want him to leave me alone, but I need him around, sometimes he saves me, and sometimes he hurts me (by ignoring me, no physical abuse)... everything is so confused. If I lose him now, I might drop out of school, or I have no idea what I might do, I'm sitting with pills right now, but I have such a hard time swallowing pills that it probably won't go far enough to do any damage. I want to be in school, but I also want to be out of here... everything is just so messed up... I don't know what to do anymore. I have assignments due tomorrow, but I can't seem to work, I haven't been able to work at all lately. No one cares about me, theres no one I can talk to. I need help... please
  2. Mirra

Mirra Member

The biggest problem when someone tries to help someone else is that they cant really understand them, so we concentrate on 1 person and tell them everything but very often that person ends up being cold and doesnt care. Many people try helping themselves, I also try to do it but I end up running in circles, always coming to the same conclusion that made me be miserable in the first place. I dont know if this makes sense to you. First thing you should do is ditch the pills, they wont help you, they will just make that hole bigger. Try thinking about the things that you've done, that you've achieved, things that made you stronger because you know that noone else could have done them, at least not easily. Dont drop out of school because you will regret it for the rest of your life. Try being strong for a change and see where it gets you, the more things you achieve on your own the better you will feel about yourself and feel less dependant on others.
  3. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

It's not easy when you've got emotional difficulties when still school age. I turned to religion myself, which helped me, although I no longer am religious. Maybe you could try and find sites on the internet which specifically focus on the exact problems you're facing.

Take care of yourself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.