I need help...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Hurted, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

So here is the thing... In wednesday i will have to go to hospital, they need to take blood to see if everything is OK (I have to do this every year)...
    The problem is that my mother know the doctor and that my hands are full of scars and open wounds...
    Please give me some advices... Im afraid that he will tell her... Im having pannic attacks because of this:(
  2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Hey there hun. The doctor shouldn't be able to tell your mum anything about you if you ask him not to - patient confidentiality - whether or not he knows her. If he does, you can make a complaint about him.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Not sure if it applies where you are but here once you are 16 unless you sign a document stating otherwise, the doc can not share any information with anyone even your parents. Just let your doc know that you are aware of the doctor patient confidentiality rule and that nothing is to be shared with anyone but yourself. Please dont worry and I hope that everything is ok.
  4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I know that doctor cant tell her... but they know each other(mother and doctor) very well for over 15 years... I will told doctor that she cant tell my mother and that i am visiting psihologyst monthly...
    Well my mother know that i cut, but she think that i stoped one month ago, plus she thought that i only made few cuts, she dont know that both arms and left leg are full of scars and wounds...

And another thing... do you know how long it takes to heal the wound on leg? In may i will have to visit hospital again, but at that time i will have to undress everything except underwear... Problem is that i have written Looser on whole my left leg:(

And thanks for help:):hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.