I Need Help!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by AyameMitsuna, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AyameMitsuna

AyameMitsuna Member

So apparently I do not get to read my sisters note because it will only make a bad situation even worse?? Her guardian her father decided to sign off to have it DESTROYED but my mother who saw her every other weekend and every wensday ( sp? ) wants to at least READ it. Are they allowed to destroy it and not even let my mother read it??? or me??

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello Teresa and welcome to Sf, I'm really sorry that you have lost your sister to suicide. I hope that you will find some solace and support here at sf.

I'm wondering who says you and your mother are not allowed to read the note, is it the police or your sister's father?
    I'm no expert but I would have thought a copy would have to be kept in police files.

3. AyameMitsuna

AyameMitsuna Member

The detectives say that we can't. It's not legal don't you think? He doesn't have sole custody my mother saw my sister every weekend and every wensday (sp?) so I don't know!

4. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps your mum could make an appointment and speak to the detectives?
    Did the detectives actually tell you or did your sister's father say they had said this?

5. AyameMitsuna

AyameMitsuna Member

The Detective said her father signed off to have the letter destroyed. But I talked to my friend she is studying criminal justice and her father is a police officer she said it is not legal to allow my mother to READ it at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.