i need help.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lilella44, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

i'm sixteen and have been cutting since i was thirteen. i've been addicted to it for a long time, but lately, i'm going in a serious downward spiral. on sunday night i cut fifteen times, yesterday eight, and then so far today i've done it fifteen times.
    cutting and suicide are on my mind ALL THE TIME. i cant stop doing it, and im not sure if i want to.
    i've just changed counsellors, but for a couple months now, i've found talking about my problems doesnt help at all. i'm on Zoloft, but thats just making me feel numb and even more empty.
    my boyfriend knows i do it. he really wants me to stop and he seems to think i can just snap out of it. my mum knows, and she lets me coz she thinks theres no way she can stop me. my counsellor knows, and she checks my arms every time i see her. even when there's fresh cuts, she gives me no advice as to what to do. its like everyone is brushing it away.

i'm really really addicted to cutting. i rely on it. i cant live without it.

help me.
  2. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

I wish I could say something enlightning, wonderful, or helpful. I'm sorry:sad:

I don't think they're brushing it off as nothing, sometimes people just don't know what to say or how to act. I'm sorry you're going through this. Do you know what makes you need to cut?
  3. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

i feel really sad, and i hate myself. i do it so i can feel something, and i like to see the blood. it makes me feel better temporarily.
  4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

you have said the 2 main things about self harm, 1- its addictive 2- its temporary.

it can be overcome with alot of hard work but its down to you, you need to sort this self loathing you have, have you spoken openly and honestly with your councellor about your cutting?

maybe you can find something else to distract yourself from the need to harm yourself.

the thing about sh is that people don't understand it and don't know how to deal with it so they may seem to ignore it.

be safe
  5. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I agree with andy...try to talk to your counsellor about them, say that you really want some help to stop and that you want her to take notice of it more and give you advice.

As for the other people who know, I know how frustrating it is when they just don't understand why you do it and why you don't just stop. But always remember that it's not because they don't care, but because they don't know how to deal with it.

Take care of yourself,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.