i need help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kayla19, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayla19

kayla19 Well-Known Member

and i don't know how to ask for it. i feel like i am in need of some serious help but i can't ask for it without it jeapordizing my future. not to mention i can't afford help. it's just that every little thing pushes me that much closer to the edge and i am about to go over. i know there are a few people that would hurt very much and i don't want to do that to them but i don't know how to deal with what's going on inside of me. but then i think if i attempt and it goes wrong, how would that affect my future? i'm just so confused and feel like i have absolutely nowhere to turn. that feeling just makes it worse. i don't know what the point of this post is. i just feel like there is no way out but dying and i'm getting closer and closer to that point every breath i take.

...help me...

2. freefalling

freefalling Active Member

it costs nothing to talk to a loved one or a close friend and just try to let them know what is going on in your head.I know that it isn't an easy thing to do because we come up with excuses like we don't want to burden them or we want to somehow protect them from our demons.But they would much prefer to try and help to talk or listen to your problems then maybe finding you dead and wondering for years after if they could have done something to help.
    Please don't push youself into a corner where you see no other way out because there are people out there that love you and have faith in you so you must take a deep breath and come out fighting because you are worth it.

3. wunderwood

wunderwood Well-Known Member

i wish you would accept my offer. you aren't alone

4. kayla19

kayla19 Well-Known Member

i'm sorry. thank you for making the offer and trying.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

you don't mention how old you are. If you are of school age you can talk to a counselor or teacher at both the college and high school level. You can also talk to pastor or priest. If you think you are a danger to yourself then go to the nearest hospital.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey Kayla,

Lots of things can help that don't much money. The Samaritans can help, have you tried calling them? Talking to a priest or a relative may help too. and there's always good old SF, have you made any friends here :hug:

I'm always here for you Kayla :hug:

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Kayla,
    Why don't you start writing down your thoughts of suicide and when you are in a low time where nothing helps then go to the emergency room and tell them you are in crisis and ready to commit suicide. Take you notes with you and show them to the screener who evaluates you. Let her/him know you are ready to end it and they will more than likely admit you where a shrink then comes in usually first thing in the morning and can determin if he wants you on meds or not.
    I'm sure when you tell them you can't afford to be there that they will send an administrator by to see you so they can fill out forms for medicaid. Because you are in the hospital they pretty much get it pushed thru the system faster.
    Here in Florida there is a facility called ACT that has there own facility for people with no insurance. The hospital here transfers you there when they can't get any financial support for you. I have been to ACT seven times then I finally got disability and got medicare so the last two times they kept me in the hospital. I still see my shrink and get my meds thru ACT. There is help out there you just need to seek it out!! I wish you luck and if you want someone to listen to you then PM me I am usually around somewhere on the forum. Take Care!~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.