i need help

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Matt2100, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt2100

Matt2100 Guest

As a child I was fostered by a family for 6 years. The father abused me and this is why I suffer from PTSD and anxiety today. Lately my nightmares are getting worse and I can't sleep for more than two hours . I can be driving down the road and see something that reminds me of the man and freak out for no reason. I'm afraid of doing something stupid but i'm so scared that I can't live like this anymore. The man had no right to ruin my life like this and there is no one I can talk to. I'm so angry, but its like im scared he's going to come back if im angry. I have no family that can help me with anything. Does anyone here understand what this is like?

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i understand.
    i cant give you any fixing words, but i do understand. i was abused by my father and raped by another man.
    i havent ever talked about it to anyone, but i will soon have to confront it with my therapist.
    have you sought help for this?
    what country are you from
    :hug: your not alone

3. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello Matt and welcome to Sf, I'm glad you have found us and hope that you will find the support you are looking for here.
    Have you had any counselling/therapy for the ptsd? You are not alone now, we are here for you.

Hazel

4. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

hiya Matt,
    I made a similar post to yours about my dreams. I understand where you are comming from, the dreams can feel so real, so alive. somtimes they are true representations and other times they build off of the past.
    Somtimes i feel engulfed.
    Not just about those, but by people who expect you be a certain way, act a certain way, move on and forget about it.
    i did that for so long, pushed it to the back of my mind and now these dreams are haunting every second of my existance.
    i couldnt tell you how to stop them, and i wont tell you to get over them, i can tell you however that you are not alone.

5. Numpty

Numpty Member

Be strong. That is it. I assume the person who abused you is no longer in your life? Then that is seemingly all that should be an issue. You are no longer proximate to them and even if you are, just try some form of legal something or other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.