I Need Help

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by nj4, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nj4

nj4 Guest

I've never felt like this before and I dont know what to do. I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this, I've never posted on here before. Basically i've known my fiancee for most of my life, we have a daughter and are supposed to be getting married soon...we've both made mistakes in our relationship but I thought that was over with. Now i've just found out this person has been lying to me and hiding things from me (again). He was my best friend, my everything, and I know he'll probably never change. This is the first time I've felt like I dont even want to live anymore. I gave up everything to be with him, and it just seems like he takes it for granted and does everything that he knows will hurt me. He seems so perfect when he's with me, but is a completely different person when i'm not around. I dont want to leave him and start my life over again, we were supposed to be happy and have a family together. Idk what else to say....I feel like I would be happier If I just wasnt alive anymore.
  2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

To put it bluntly (sorry) if you were dead then you wouldn't be capable of feeling happy or anything else.

I'm sorry to hear about your relationship problems with your fiance, things must be hard for you at the moment. You say you don't want to leave him & have to start over again but if he's not willing to change then you have to ask yourself if you & your daughter can live like that?

You & your daughter deserve to be happy.

Wishing you all the best.

:hug: xx
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It's never to late to try new things.. Why don't you go back to school and get your degree..If things go south between you and him then you have something for you and your daughter to fall back on..I know the idea of splitting up isn't very appealing.. If I were you I would start thinking about what your going to do if it happens.. Suicide is not the answer...There are different paths you can follow..You just need help discovering them..
    By the way Welcome to the forum!! We will offer you all the support we can...Take care!!
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, I'm sorry things are not good in your relationship right now.

You say he's done it before and you don't think he'll change. From the outside looking in, it seems that either you accept it and don't let it bother you (difficult to do), accept it and be miserable (where you are now), or choose to move on with your and your daughter's lives. (But suicide is not a good option - no one else is worth taking your own life over - especially if they've been hurting you.) You and your daughter deserve to be loved, not to be mistreated.

When we feel mixed up and emotional, we usually don't make the best or most rational choices. Seems like this situation is quite raw right now, so perhaps you could take some time now to regroup and think things through later when you've had a chance to settle a bit.

:hug: Be safe,

5. nj44

nj44 Guest

Thanks so much everyone...now that I've had time to calm down I feel much better. He didnt cheat or anything, it's just little things he hides that makes me so upset (because honesty and trust is a big deal to us). I want to be able to trust him but it'll take time to get that back. Sometimes I get so tired that I just want to give up, but I guess that's taking the "easy way out", which isnt always best right? Anyway, thanks again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.