I need help...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Remedy, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

My mother has become 10x worse in the space of two days, I think something's snapped inside her. She's started becoming violent and just doesn't give a damn anymore. It's really scaring me, I'm not sure how to handle it... Usually when my dad was at work she'd be in the bedroom on her computer, but now she's starting on me... He's not even home for another eight or so hours. We planned this morning to move out at the end of the month, but she's saying she's going to spend all the money on a holiday today.
    How do I stop her? She's not even drunk yet. I can't go out because of anxiety... if I did go out and she went to get drink, when I came back she'd be a lot more aggressive.
    I realise there's not a lot you can say to this, but any reply would be really appreciated. She keeps saying crazy things like my dad wants to sleep with me.
    I'm going insane here.
  2. beforetheworst

beforetheworst Active Member

Hey Mel,

That sounds really awful, I'm sorry you're having to experience this.

It must feel like you have no control over the situation at the moment. However, are them some small things that might just help you get through this?

Can you maybe do something that will distract you for a little while? Watch a movie or just play on the computer or listen to music? It might be a matter of just taking each hour as it comes until your dad is home?

Hang in there!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya Mel!

I'm so sorry she's being this way :(

I think you and you dad should persuade her to see a doctor. How do you think she would react to that?
  4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

She's asleep for now, so I've been able to make some lunch, play some games, etc. in peace. Just dreading when she wakes up. :sad: She was never like this without alcohol before... When she sobered up we could talk and have a laugh. I guess now I've lost that. Both me and dad have tried to get her to go to AA, even her friends/family have suggested it, but she can't see a problem. The only option now is to get away from her... and I'm not 100% that dad will follow through with moving out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.