i need help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ThinAir, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThinAir

ThinAir New Member

you know those families you see on tv where everything is a secret to be keep from the public im a member of one of those families and ive been suicidal since the age of seven i believe im type 2 bipolar but i cant go to a doctor or get help because that would be to public and hurt not only those around me but just make it more unbearable for myself now im 17 and dont see a way out if i go foward to get help the public knowlege and stigma would be enough to kill me but if i dont get help i dont know how long i can last

any advice?
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I believe you should seek help via therapy and continue to post here as well. The stigma that was once attached to psychological issues is not as severe as it once was. Just look around this forum at all those that have sought help. I have bi-polar issues myself!

Regardless, I'm sure you would feel better getting some assistance rather than not getting it and it would probably be a benefit to your family as well.

Welcome to SF. I know you will find some answers and solace here.

3. musiclady

musiclady Member

Call a warmline. It's like a suicide hotline. As them if there is someplace anonymous that you could call and talk to. I know in my area, there is a crisis hotline that will talk anytime about any concerns and takes NO information, so it wouldn't be public. If you get to college, a lot of them have counseling available on campus that is also anonymous. Even if you're seen there, it's also the health center so you could be there for another reason. good luck. Some parents will NEVER understand. Do what's needed for you and don't even tell them. It's not public unless you announce it.
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree. Call a crisis line or suicide line. They have so many resources available to help you. In my area they have a crisis unit. No body has to know you are there. You decide if or who you will take calls from and you have to supply them with the number so it could be no one at all. There are also support groups.

You dont need to battle this alone. And if you do think you are bipolar then you need to talk to a doctor. There are meds that can help make the highs and lows a little more bearable. The "swings" can get very extreme and without help you could hurt yourself.

And you have here. The members here are great. We have all been through some sort of pain. And a lot suffer with things that they could never talk about to family or friends. But here they can.

So I think you should consider that phone call. And please keep posting. Open up and let things out. You will be amazed at how good it feels to finally be able to just talk about things.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The most important thing is to get help for you and thats it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.