I need help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fourkittens, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fourkittens

fourkittens New Member

On May 13 after caring for my disabled spouse for seven years he pulled a gun on me and threatened to shoot. I called the cops and now he has five felonies against him. I got a restraining order because I was terrified. When I went to court he told them he is divorcing me. He has transferred all assets already. I did not work for the seven years so I have no money of my own. I am now waiting in my house for everything to be turned off due to lack of payment. I have no money due to this I gave physical custody of my son (MR) to my daughter. I live in a no fault divorce state. So I cannot stop the divorce. I cannot do anything. At the end of this month I will be homeless penniless and destitute. I do not want this divorce. I cannot see any way out of this but to end it. I told my therapist but she wants me to go to the hospital and I said no. That isn't going to bring my husband back or even my old life back. I don't know what to do.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hi fourkittens...wow you are going through a lot right now ..a whole helluva lot and my heart goes out to you.
    My first thought is do you have any friends or family you can stay with? I know you don't want the divorce but I fear for your well being with this guy...I was in a relationship like that and you and are a lucky to be alive that is for sure!
    I know everything seems so bleak and hopeless right now but it just seems like your life is in great transition with a lot of unknowns...and that in of itself is damn scary.
    I will say this though you have us and I think you will find what I have found here...love and caring support to get you through this time.
    I am here to listening and talk if you would like, I really care or you may PM me if you feel more comfortable talking there...it is hard times right now and I just know you are going to get great support here ...so glad you found us.
    You shall me in my thoughts and prayers that is for sure and my message box is always open to you..I will reply I promise you that.
    And please please go to the hospital if you need to be safe, it is not so bad (been there more than a few times) and it would give you a chance to rest and help sort things out.
    Well I am here for you and I care, glad you found us and hope to get to know you better....:arms: Bambi

3. carekitty

carekitty Guest

Oh honey, I know divorce is an awful thing, but you need to let it go through. If he has tried to harm you, you can't be safe or happy with him. I went through a similar situation with a spouse who threatened to harm me, and even though I had been raised that divorce wasn't right, when he fled the country, I had no choice. He had committed numerous crimes, and I had to do it to protect myself. It was hard!! I won't deny that, but I still remember the day I realized it was all over. It was like the sun had came out, and for the first time in years I felt peace, and I felt safe.

Can you get some sort of free legal aide to protect your assets? Perhaps your therapist can help direct you, or perhaps just looking in the phone book to see what is available. Find some sort of help to make sure you have a safe place to live, and enough food.

You deserve better. You took care of your spouse, now take care of you. You're worth it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.