I Need Help!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by decemberblues, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decemberblues

decemberblues Member

I have been thinking about death all day and I have been trying to put a plan together that might end life as I know it.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

what's going on? if you want to share i'm happy to listen.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

the help you need is professional help now can you call crisis line and talk to someone call your doctor or the emergency numbers you need someone to help pull you out of the state your in. Please call for help now okay
  4. decemberblues

decemberblues Member

I have been really depressed lately and I can't seem to do anything right and I think I have a plan to end life as I know it.
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi. Sorry to hear that you're suffering greatly from depression. Don't be too hard on yourself if things don't go your way. Life is like that sometimes. Things don't always work out the way that we plan. What happened that caused you to feel like this?
  6. decemberblues

decemberblues Member

There is no help. I have had depression for 35 years and I have talked to everyone you mentioned and all that can happen is you will go to a crisis facility and they will try and change your medication around, keep you locked up like a prisioner and send you home in one week. Been there and done that.
  7. decemberblues

decemberblues Member

I have terrible depression and I hate winter and I have been sick lately and I don't want to live like this anymore. I hate Christmas, it makes me sick.
  8. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i hate christmas, too. i am semi-estranged from my family and the holidays make it worse. i've also fought depression for a long time (i'm 45, first suicidal at age 12). been in and out of the hospital. for me, it helps to think about these feelings coming in waves. some times are bad, but other times there is some respite. i am finally working with a good trauma therapist. and a correct diagnosis (bipolar). in the last year i finally feel like things are turning around for me. was only hospitalzied twice this year. for me, that's progress!

guess this is my long winded way of saying don't give up. with new medication or a good therapist you might regain some hope too. it's not too late.
  9. decemberblues

decemberblues Member

I started cutting when I was 15. I will be 51 next Friday. I never thought I would live to see my 50th birthday.
  10. tavsan

tavsan New Member

You're not alone...if you've already gone the "professional" route of getting help, what about talking to family or friends if for nothing else than to comfort you during your time of need? It may not take away your depression, but it might help you get through "now" moment by moment...baby steps. Life is hard enough when you're not depressed. I can honestly relate to how you're feeling, the pain, frustration, that whole train of thought. That's why I just joined tonight...Hang in there and know that there are others who are genuinely empathetic and care. Sometimes we have to force ourselves to get help, and I understand those feelings of desperation. Please do call a crisis hotline or your doctor or a good family member/friend...hope you feel better soon...
  11. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

happy almost birthday!

i also self harm. i've learned that self harm is almost always in response to childhood trauma. it's a way to manage overwhelming emotional distress. a good trauma therapist can help you with that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.