I need help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mrjenkies, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrjenkies

Mrjenkies New Member

I'm 24 years old, and the last year has been the worst year of my life. I've never imagined I could ever come to be in the position I'm in now, but I feel hopeless and can't remember what it's like to be happy. I should have graduated college a year ago, but I screwed it up, and just never got myself back on track, and had a long stretch of drug abuse afterwards where I almost destroyed myself. Now that I'm clean, I'm still completely miserable because I have literally nothing in my life except my family. I've accomplished nothing and I look at everyone else I know my age who are doing shit with their lives. A year ago I wasn't like this, I was happy and a positive thinker and I just don't know what the fuck happened to start this ridiculous downward spiral, leading me to this pathetic state I am in right now posting on a suicide forum by myself to people I don't know. I just don't know what else to do literally, I feel so crushingly alone because I've never been one to tell people about my problems. I want to kill myself more than ever because I feel like I've just failed so many times that I don't deserve to be here anymore.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu are not the first student who got led astray by drugs You can go back and finish that education you are many years ahead of you to correct the past. We learn from our mistakes okay and then we move forward. Even if you take a few subjects of interest to get you back on the track again that is what you need to do.
    first step contact school look into courses and sign up okay Don't be so hard on yourself You are doing great you have cleaned up yourself now it is just a matter of putting that one foot ahead again.
    Have you help for you depression if not maybe talk to your GP and see what can be done or see a psychologist who also can help you start on a new path
    Hugs okay.:cheekkiss:cheekkiss

3. Hi Mr Jenkies

I feel for you BrothA, life can hit hard but its not about how hard you can hit its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. I don’t know about your family life but I am the same, the people around me are my family, I have no friends. But family is were it’s at mate there the ones that love you and forgive you no matter what. You will have friends again you just need to get yourself up and running again.

Definitely stay away from drugs they will ruin even the best of us as you have clearly experienced. Get your head straight again and then think long and hard about your future. What is it you want to achieve, when you work that out start setting goals for yourself to achieve your ultimate goal.

You say you have accomplished nothing I am sure that’s not true. I am sure you picked up some talents in all your endeavours. For instance you can pick up skills even by failing, the skill to pick yourself back up again and learn from your mistakes. Stop focusing on what you don’t have and start focusing on what you do have.

You see everyone else your age doing stuff with there lives. Don’t try to obtain what other people are doing obtain what it is you want. Just because you’re not doing much now does not mean you won’t be doing much in the future. Take this time of reflection to build strength and character. Pick up the valuable skills you need to achieve success in your field. Remember Rome was not built in a day. I always say what ever does not kill you will only make you stronger.

Well you’re entitled to your opinion but its not really nice to say your pathetic because you have reached a point were a lot of hurting people are also at right now. For some people this may be the only thing they have to ease the pain in there suffering. And to people like me it gives them a voice to try and help people like you. Don’t feel pathetic for reaching a low point, cease the opportunity to become a better person. Glean strength and motivation from it. Its in are darkest moments that we truly find ourselves and when we begin to shine the brightest.

I am sorry you feel so alone, I used to feel very alone myself and all I wanted was for someone to come along and say hey it’s alright. But now I am fine, I have so much going on I barely have time to feel lonely. Perhaps if you keep your mind active and try to learn things e.t.c and just get interests and topics to talk about with your family you will see that life isn’t all about how many people you know. I am only 27 and I feel like a wee Grand Da sitting around the house reading books and learning all kinds of stuff. The moment it got scary for me was when I began learning stuff about birds LOL I had to nip that one in the bud.

Failure is really a success in disguise, that’s if you analyze your failures and learn as much as you can about them. Then use that failure as wood for the fire of your determination to succeed. If it were not for the failures in my life I wouldn’t be half the person I am today. Failure can be good as long as you don’t let it stop you from failing again. Any successful person in life has had to fail and fail bad in order to succeed. Success is simply the residue of failure.

4. very well-written.. inspired me too..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.