I need help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Broken Tree, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Tree

Broken Tree Account Closed

No matter how hard I try I can not get my head straight. Constant suicide impulses and thoughts. I fear it is only a matter of time before I succeed. Three failed attempts not counting in the hospital and I am still here. How long will it last. One thing is for sure, no more hospitals.

2. How about the crisis line or the chat room in the forum..?? Please go to the hospital emergency department to allow them to help you when the need arises.. Please don't avoid the hospitals.. The drs are supposed to help you and the place is to keep you safe.. :hug: and take care.. hope to hear from you again..

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Broken Tree...so sorry things seem so awful...are you receiving care now and do you feel it is helpful...I was in the hospital for an immune disorder for 3 months so I know how you feel, but I also know that I must go back soon and I am dreading it...please keep yourself safe and continue to let us know how you are doing...big hugs, J

4. Broken Tree

The problem with hospitals is you are already miserable, suicidal, and going nuts so they lock you up and treat you like a criminal instead of a patient. Then 2 or 3 days later you tell them what they want to hear and they let you out. I was in 2 in one week. Works great.

5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

can you tell us a little more about you and the history of the problems that you've had?

is there anything that helps at all?

6. Broken Tree

The root of the problem is not something I want posted on a forum. Can we say I have lost everything and everyone I ever had.

7. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

It's really not all that bad. I guess it really depends on where you go.
    I ended up in average ones, not the worst, but certainly not the best. Most of the doctors seemed to care and genuinely wanted to help me. You have to work with them and be honest if you want anything to change, or you can lie, be out in a few days....only to come back and waste more time.

It's not rainbows and gumdrops in these places, for sure. It's boring...there's just TV (which you share with loads of other people), puzzles with missing pieces, coloring pages and crayons, and old magazines. Most have a few groups throughout the day. Some places even allow you to go outside - in a confined area, of course.
    So you bring a few books and grit your teeth and bear it for the sake of being better in the long run. In every place I've been to, you see the doctor every day, so every day they are working on meds with you.

The fact is, either you can take advantage of it, or you can waste your time.

Sounds a tad on the dramatic side to me. It's easy to take things for granted. Think about what you have to be thankful for. You have a roof over your head, I assume food to eat, a computer with internet access. That's more than 2/3rds of the world right there. I know that may not be a huge comfort, but sometimes we need to be reminded of what we do have instead of focusing on what we don't have.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  8. Broken Tree

I dont have my wife, I dont have my Kids, last 12 years of my life down the shitter. who cares about internet, give me my family back

9. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

Do you at least have visitation of your kids? That is, assuming it's a divorce. If it's not, I'm sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  10. themadcatter

themadcatter Member

the best thing is to ignore these thoughts and impulses, try to start your road to recovery, try to concentrate on the present and future and how your gonna do your best to win this battle, i had really bad OCD, one morning i decided to just ignore it, and to this day i am 60% better, if i can do it you can too! i have faith in you, we all care about you, im here to talk as well. :)

11. Broken Tree

I do my best. It was better when I could see my counselor. I stay where I am because here there is little resources to kill myself. I am pretty creative but my friends tend to babysit me even though I ask them not to. They say time heals all wounds. IT HAS BEEN A YEAR AND I AM JUST AS CLOSE TO DEAD AS I WAS THEN.

12. themadcatter

themadcatter Member

you can do this though, i know it may be hard, but at least try harder, im here to talk if you want

13. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey, I'm sorry that you've lost your family.

please feel free to pm me

14. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

why can't you see your councilor now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.