I Need Some Advice Asap!!!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lostsoul21, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostsoul21

lostsoul21 Active Member

Hey guys, um, I REALLY need some advice right now...

Um, I was just on AIM w/ my friend and basically a little while ago I told her that I knew something that she didn't but I didn't tell her. We're okay friends so we just screw with each other like that. And basically she told me something on AIM tonight that she said was a "huge secret". I said I might tell her what I knew if she told me, becuase I guess she just was so curious. Now, basically, she told me that she goes horseback riding every week, and some of the people that take care of the horses there, are only a little bit older than her. Now, before like they took pictures of them with her, but she said that that was normal and that they do that to everyone. But then she said that one day when she was in the bathroom, there was a knock at the door and when she went to open it and leave the bathroom, one of the "stable hands" was there and he didn't let her leave. Then , he started kissing and licking her neck. Then she said that he tried to get her jacket off, but since she resisted and ran to her dad's car. This happened in december and she nver told her parents and told very few friends. Now, she says that she doesn't really care that much about it even though I told her that he could be charged with sexual assualt. She even said that she kept going back there to ride the horses. Now, she very well could be making this up becuase she already tried making one thing up to get me to tell her what I know, and becuase when I asked her "So you swear to God that this story is true, she said that she accidentally woke her mom up and had to go, and then signed off. So, WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!? Oh, btw, we're both 14...

EDIT: I know it's not THAT big a deal, but still...
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2006
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

If this story is true she needs to tell an adult. There are a lot of wolves out there and this situation could get out of hand.

It most certainly was a sexual assault that luckily didn't go any further.
    Get her to talk about it again and look for discrepancies in the account, this will give you an idea as to whether it is true or not.
    Usually girls don't lie about this kind of thing tho, so I would come at this from the point of it being true and try to get her to report it.
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I agree... that is what needs to be done. Someone needs to tell an adult or a school councellor or the police.....Because that is very traumatizing....and he could do that to another girl or even worse, could do much more damage to someone else..she was lucky.....someone has to be told hun.

4. lostsoul21

lostsoul21 Active Member

Yeah, I've thought it over, and my plan is to ask her if its true, she wouldn't keep lying (I know she wouldn't keep a lie going like that) and then get HER to tell someone... =/
  5. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

If she told you, probably means, she wanted to 'get it out'.
    Try to encourage her that you being a friend, want to care...she will have
    to protect herself and know how to be careful or risk real danger situations.
    Find a school teacher or other person you trust, even a phone line.
  6. lostsoul21

lostsoul21 Active Member

Im on AIM w/ her right now... and she said that she wasnt lying...
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2006
  7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Most people don't lie about stuff like that. And she probably needed to get what happend out...to feel better not having to hide a very traumatizing event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.