I need some advice

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Dudly, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

This might be a little low key for this site.

I recently found out my friend stole my i-pod. I know its stolen because
    he tells me he just got it. 2 days later he comes over with it but its back
    is scratched up one head phone is broken and the head phones are dented in. All things that would say its been used-not new. My charger cord is missing as well. It looks like my i-pod in everyway. I told my friend this and asked him if Im paranoid and asked what he thought. He agrees with me. Whats more; the other day his mom phones me, asks if I lent him my i-pod at the exact moment he tells me to lie and say I did on MSN. My problem is not some piece of metal thats gone. My problem is my oldest friend who I trusted and thought respected me, Who ive know since my early elementry years; goes and does this. If I dont got friends I can trust, then I got nothing. What am I suppose to do?

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

My first reaction: Sounds fishy, but inconclusive. Try and see if you can get ahold of the ipod...say something like "Lemme check it out" or something. Are the songs on the I-Pod the same as the ones you had? This would be an indicator. If so, tell him "I know you stole my I-Pod" (don't tell him how you know, just guage his reaction). Then just ask him why. Stick with your convictions and do not let him weasel out of it. Whatever he says, just say, "I know what I know" and leave it at that. Tell him that if he returns it, you can still be friends (if that's what you want). You can even offer to buy him one if it goes that far just to get a confession.

Use your instincts (as long as you're not overly paranoid) and take it from there.

3. Robin

Robin Guest

Hey Dudly, did you confront your friend? If so or if not what has happened in the mean time?

4. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

sounds like he could be a clepto, might not feel guilty about it, might not even click w/ him that it was yours at all, to him...its his. maybe not, maybe hes just a lying theiving bastard who has no respect for anyones possessions and expects the world to owe him everything. confront him and see his reaction, if you know without a doubt that its yours, take it back. if he is a clepto, he needs help and you should consider talking to his mom, dont stick up for him, sticking up for someone doesnt help them at all.

5. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I never jump to conclusions. It gets you in trouble. But I am sure he did take it. I haven't confronted him. I just stopped talking to him for a while. I doubt hes a clepto, hes never stolen anything from me before. I guess I should confront him =\

btw Ana loved the shawshenk redemption

6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Would you believe I stole from my best friend when I was about 17? I don't know why I did it. It wasn't like I was poor or my parents wouldn't buy me anything I wanted (within reason). I have no idea what made me do it.

I went, broke into his house and stole all sorts of things that I didn't even need. Later, I got caught. My parents found the stuff I stole and called his mother. I was so ashamed. And I was scared too. I thought I was going to jail.

Of all the things I've done in my life, that's something I've always wished I hadn't done. And not just because I got caught. Nothing ever came of it legally. I don't know if he ever forgave me because we didn't see one another again. I couldn't face his mother after that.

Sometimes people will do things and not even know why. Maybe you should just talk to your friend and tell him you just want your iPod back and you won't hold it against him and see what he says.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.