I need some advice ...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by NeedHelpBad, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeedHelpBad

NeedHelpBad New Member

I’m not the one that wants to end my life. My Girlfriend just called me 20 minutes ago and said she was getting ready to jump off a local bridge thats about 120 ft high. She hasnt picked up the phone since that call. I only hope she was bluffing, but she has brought this up more and more over the last few monthes, including one failed attempt with Valium where I had to take her to the hostpital and have her stomach pumped. When they told her they were going to put her in a phychriatric ward she flipped out and had me sneak her out of the hospital.

She’s a big drinker too, doesnt do drugs ( well pot here and there ) and she has been very depressed lately mainly because she doesnt have a job and I support her fully. I live in Central America and the suicide hotlines down here are non existent for the most part. I really don’t what to do , or how to help her. Recently she totaled my car ( drunk driving ) and it really set us back finacially. She swears she learned her lesson , but continues to drink on a nightly basis, even though she doesnt drive anymore.

I recently caught her cheating on me also , although I don’t she knows I know, but maybe she feels guilt about that. I believe she must be bi-polar due to her drastic mood changes. One minute she loves me with all her heart and the next I’m a p.o.s. This goes on every day. I love her soo much and we have been together for 6 years, but She just doesnt love herself at all. I also recently found out she is bulemic and it was a secret she kep from everyone since she was 15 , shes 30 now.

What should I tell her ? What advice can I give ? Should we seek help and from whom ? I really think one of these days Im gonna come home from work and expirence my worst nightmare - finding her dead. I dont what to do , any advice would be greatly appreciated …

2. Ants

Ants Well-Known Member

I am sorry man. I can't begin to offer any any advice. I just hope that others might get curious about a reply and maybe they can help. One thing for sure is that you need to find out if she is bipolar. At least then you will have some answers. My step son marrioed a bipolar woman. It has been a wild ride for him. Good Luck man.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

First of all, welcome to SF!! She's lucky to have you in her life.

She needs professional help. From what you've posted, it sounds like things will only get worse if she doesn't get the help she needs. I'm sure she doesn't want to be in the hospital or see a psychiatrist, but that might be what she needs.

I hope she's okay. Is there a number you can call to get her some emergency help?

4. NeedHelpBad

NeedHelpBad New Member

I just called one her closet friends to have him talk to her , cause I called her 5 mins ago and I did reach her, she told she took a bunch of pills now and is getting ready to die. Now this a ploy she has done a few times in the past, and I don't think she actually took enough to kill her , but thats a chance I can't take. Im like an hour away from my house, and wont be able to make it there for a bit. I told her on the phone I was going to call an ambulance to pick her up , but last time I did that , it didnt show for 2 hours. My friend is talking to her now , hes going to call me when he is off the phone. I'm really worried. Thanks for the words.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Maybe you should call the ambulance anyway? At least she's talking to her friend for now, but it might still be a good idea to have an ambulance there. that way, they can take her into the hospital, and she has a chance to get the help she needs.

6. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

The only advice I can give you is 'Never Give Up On Her'...
    Trust me..Feeling like the world has given up on you and those you love have given up on you too - is a awful feeling. Make sure she knows you care and your there to help. Us bipolar folks dont always appreciate the kind words and the attempts to help right away but eventually we come to our sences to see that the words, comments, and actions took by someone close to us was done from love. Although that doesnt fix the problem, it helps.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree she needs professional help.. She needs to be in the hospital.. Maybe even treated for dual diagnosis because she is an alcoholic.. The alcohol is a depressant so it isn't helping the situation..I truly feel for you.. You have a long battle ahead of you to get her to realise she needs this help..When you are home you need to make sure there is no alcohol in the house..She is going to get mean and say things that she would normally never say..Good luck and take care!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.