I need some advice

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Dahak, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

I liked this girl who was in a relationship but i never really went after her but a couple of days ago her boyfriend abused her and so she says she left him and will never go back and she likes me, i told her i really liked her and she is worth more then that, today i find out she is back with the same guy who gave her a black eye and i'm really feeling like crap because i feel i let her slip away.How do i get rid of this forever loneliness and i'm a total loser who can't save a abuse girl feeling?

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Dahak, her choice to return to the abuser has nothing to do with you or your value as a person. I suspect she is actually feeling very confused. You might find it helpful to read some of the articles in the Rape and Abuse forum - Domestic Abuse subforum http://www.suicideforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46 so you can see how abusers are very manipulative.

If the abuse continues, perhaps down the road, this girl will find the courage to leave him for good.

In the meantime, you are not a loser. In fact, you are a caring person and that is a very nice quality in a person. To help ease the loneliness, get out with other friends and meet more people. Be pleased with your ability to empathize with others. You sound like a cool person to get to know. :)

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Just remember you tried and she made the choice to go back.. Some battered women just don't learn.. There so use to the abuse that they are unaware that there are nice guys out there..Don't blame yourself.. Get back out there and let the ladies know you are available..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.