I need some advice

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by spidy, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Was wondering if anyone has had success in giving up smoking.I been sucking on the burners for over 30 years and need some advice on how to quit.I m currently just got alcohol under control but the burners seem to rule me and ive found myself smoking a lot more lately due to stress but i m sick of them the coughing the cost.Ive never found any successful method.So is why im trying to find anyone who has had success

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Very hard one to kick hun there are new meds out there to help actually wellbutrin xr suppose to help with decreasing addictions hope you can beat it hun

3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Yes very hard ive tried the drug thing we have champax over hear meant to take cravings away never worked with me this is one challenge ive never been able to beat

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

spidy, say to yourself: "I CAN beat it, if I learn how to hate it". It's part of the process of making your mind your best friend :)

something to help kick off with: That cigarette hates me - it's trying to rob me of my health and make sure I never get to see my grandchildren (depending on how old you are, of course). I am going to hate it, therefore, more than it hates me.

5. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

We have tv commercials here that touch me and yes i want to be around i m 41 this year so i really have to get rid of it been smoking since 9 its prob everthing i do involves lighting up but i will give that a go i know will power is involved mine is weak so yeah big challenge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.