I need somebody to talk to

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by getmeouttahere, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not going to survive like this. I need somebody to talk to. Talking to a stranger is not going to help. Now what do I do?

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

If talking to someone you don't know isn't going to help, is there anyone close to you that you can talk to?

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Do you have any close friends here or in real life that you could talk to? Or even a therapist?

4. skezz2013

skezz2013 Member

You could try talking to us hun, it's worth a go surely, we all understand here.

5. If anyone in my life cared about me at all, I wouldn't be combing the internet in desperation. There's nowhere to go. I have nobody to talk to. I can't afford a therapist, even on sliding scale. I have no meds. And apparently, my problems aren't worth bothering with. I want out.

6. ames123

ames123 New Member

I feel for you getmeouttahere. I just joined this group, in hopes of finding the same help. I feel hopeless, helpless, lost... But I ran across this via a search engine... made me feel worthless, but then I came across your post. It made me feel real and like I wasn't alone. Or at least, I wasn't the only one alone. If I stick it out, will you? I'm not sure what to do. I feel hopeless. I know what it feels like to feel like my problems aren't worth bothering with...

7. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

I want out too, I have found its often best to talk to 'strangers' cos they are 1, more impartial, 2, if they in your situation then they can totally empathise and can be alot more supportive than so called family and friends. 3, In times of despair we reach out wildly and thats ok, we often find a signpost or beacon when we least expect it, there are alot of folks on here who do genuinely care.

I thought same as you, WHY have to go online in desperation, but have to cos only 1 family member left who bothers with me and he doesn't do emotions and thinks people with emotions/feelings/feeling suicidal etc should just pull themselves together or be exterminated!!!!!!!!!!!! My 'friends' all mostly has disappeared (funny that hey in times when friendship is needed the most!)
    PLEASE however crap you feel and alone try and share on here how you are, lets face it if you didn't wish to share you'd have simply killed yourself and be gone, you are reaching out, this is good and NO SHAME in this.
    BTW it maybe good you CANT afford a therapist, I have seen many and believe me they screwed me up more and more and more, I have found talking to those in similar situations to me and what I have been through more helpful than anything. As for meds, well they can do the same, make matters worse in the long run and/or become addictive so another problem in time.
    I feel your frustration and pain and I DONT say this lightly or flippantly, this existence is awful isn't it, surely together we can battle it a little easier?
    Take care and do keep posting and reaching out and feel free to send me personal message if you would like to talk 1-1.

8. Being on a suicide forum doesn't mean you're not suicidal. Many people in here have made attempts, and people post on sites like this one and then go on to end their lives. I have four attempts. I'm in here because I'm gutless.

I have ethical issues with dumping on complete strangers, and it doesn't fit logically that if friends and family won't be there for you, how much could a total stranger care? Of all the strangers on this website, how many have people sitting right next to them in desperate need of comfort? All of them. Can't be a single one who doesn't. So we ignore the aunt going through chemo and the father with the drinking problem who feels like he failed at life and the sister who thinks she's ugly or fat or too short, and proceed to fire up the laptop and comb the internet for complete strangers that we will never meet because we're overflowing with compassion?

Sorry, logic-fail. If people don't care about the person sitting right next to them, isn't it deranged to feel compassion for names and words on a computer screen? You're never going to meet those people. You can't hug them or hold them while they cry. But if you do that for the people you actually know, wouldn't that help them not have to go hunting around on the internet like we're all doing? That would actually help, right?

9. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

It seems to me that even while you're after someone to talk to, (re: thread title), you dont seem to want to accept the support others give through it, purely because it differs from your ethical viewpoint.

I can understand the point you make about there possibly being people around others, but part of the reason people find a site like this can be through the lack of what they get at home. Saying that we all have someone we can turn to in need is a bit of an exaggeration.

You've had 4 attempts. That to me says you're a survivor and have potential to keep going. Situations change, people come and go, but I think your focus may need to go on what you do more than what's going on around you.

Being online opens up global communications and has a much better chance of finding someone who understands the situation. Is it really 'deranged' to seek support in any way?

10. That's a personal judgement. That's not really going to help me, making presumptions about my intentions or opinions.

I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to think that there's probably no one in here who's an orphaned hermit.

Four failed attempts is not indication of being a survivor. It indicates cowardice and gutlessness. It means I chose pain over release because I didn't have the courage to go through with the very thing that would have helped me.

It's not deranged to seek support in this way, and I never said it was. It's deranged that people HAVE to do this, because the people in their lives, in actual physical proximity to them, do not care. It's desperation that drives one to do this.

I don't need someone to understand my situation. Comfort would suffice. Can't hug over the internet, and pouring one's heart out to random names and words on a computer screen do not provide comfort. We waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overestimate what can actually be accomplished on the internet. It's nothing but one computer talking to a bunch of other computers. There's no real or physical interaction going on.

I don't understand sites like these anyway. You open a thread, and find the OP's at the end of the line, can't hold on another day, about to end it all. And then about 30 people come on to post after him, trying to talk him down off the ledge. But this is a suicide forum, right? So you go elsewhere in the forum, and the very same people trying to encourage the other guy all have their own threads going where they're at the end of the line, can't hold on another day, about to end it all. This makes no sense to me. How can you encourage one guy to stick it out on one thread and then start your own thread elsewhere, talking about doing the exact same thing--killing yourself? Makes no sense. No sense at all.

This is just another case of me having done something without knowing why I was doing it, and knowing it would do no good but doing it anyway because there's nothing else I can do. Just sit here on my sofa and self-destruct. When people in your life don't care, there are no viable options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.