I need somebody

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Krow1125, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krow1125

Krow1125 Member

I can't stand life right now. I'm feeling so much stress from everybody. My parents are disappointed in me because i failed two classes in my entire life. Now my friends, my brother, and even my fucking girlfriend are acting like my parents telling me to go to bed and do my homework. These were people i thought would be able to help me and now its like they are against me. It's all cause of this fucking school that's tearing my life apart. I no longer have control of my life and it feels like the only thing I can control now is my death.
    I can't even talk to my girlfriend to help me through this cause she is grounded and can't use the phone to talk to me. I really need some help.

2. kote

kote Account Closed

its sounds so hard to be where you are right now!!! almost prison like conditions!!!
    parents sometimes take academic success too seriously ( i know as an ex teacher ) i just wanted my students to do their best and enjoy their lives. its a fine balance, but when the studies get to making you miserable its too hard to cope and id say ease off. try talking to your parents openly and calmly. i know it can catch fire at anytime and they may shout. but if you are calm even when they lose their cool you may just get through.
    im guessing youre young - so try and play on the fact you are missing out on your youth and need some distraction from the stress to make you work to your full potential. suggest hobbies even seeing your girlfriend in secret.
    with daughters of my own i know how your parents feel but with me and my wife being teachers - ( i quit as it was too mental ) we are proud if they are successful but i am more than happy if they got low marks and were happy and aiming at their dream. academic success is only one type of success in life. there is so much more.
    can you just shrug off others comments and maybe chill and read an enjoyable book and pretend youre studying.
    you need balance to your life. if its all study then you can go off balance and really screw things up for a long time. make sure your parents know this too.
    take care and i hope you find a way to take it easy!!!

3. kote

kote Account Closed

also you can PM me any time or even your parents and i can give you advice specifically on certain areas. just take a deep breath, pull your hair A LITTLE!!! and then take a walk as a break.

4. Krow1125

Krow1125 Member

Here's the problem though, i'm 16 and in college. That's why everybody is on my ass about my grades. My girlfriend lives in another town so the only time we get to see each other since we're both grounded is at school. That's why I can't try to reason with my parents cause if they know I under this much stress from everything, they might send me back to public school where I will almost never see her or even worst, they might have me move to Florida with them. Just the thought of never seeing her again has been making me cry for hours.

5. kote

kote Account Closed

im glad you get to spend time together at school. that is such a precious time. as for classes at school either you pass or fail. at this age and level it gets really hard and we find out there are somethings we just cant do no matter the effort. so our no.1 aim is keeping you in school. can you take up some after school hobbies with your girlfriend? even if its studying together in the library for an extra hour. it will keep everyone happy. may not improve your grades but still it will show you are making an effort. make your parents go out of their way to support you. tell them you know that youve slipped and you want to get back up. but at home you are distracted. distracted by the environment. dont say friends, phone, tv or anything just the environment as its a place you go to relax and sleep and you cant keep them both seperate right now. even on the weekends you could arrange to meet your girlfriend at a library as im sure her parents would be positive to her wanting to study more.
    if you show you are making an extra effort even if its just for show they may ease up.

6. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

is there someone at school you can confide in?

7. Krow1125

Krow1125 Member

Just so you all know, I survived the night with no cuts or bruises. Thank you everybody for helping to comfort me but I'm still not feeling so great. I really appreciate the suggestions but my parents made strict rules to make sure I couldn't see her during the week except at school.

8. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

16 and in college, wow thats great but I could see how that would be super stressful.

What do you do on your down time, if you get any at all? Does your college have a gym you can go to, to relieve some of this stress. Have you talk to your guidance counselor about this, maybe she/he would have some recommendations on a cutback or something.

But when it comes down to it, this is your life, no matter what your parents say your living it not them. It may be that since your so successful they cant see you as anything else. They need reminding that your human and not superman.

Do you have people you hang with at school, Im assuming that its hard to make friends since your younger, but have you looked into maybe a volunteer group that helps tutor or just hangs out?

9. Krow1125

Krow1125 Member

There are actually a lot of high school students like me at this college because of the program im in. I can't do anything because of their restrictions. I have to go home immediately after class. and the only thing that I had to help me relieve stress has just been taken away for a while. My girlfriend said today that she doesn't want to have sex for a while because of this issue with her cousin.

10. alleykatkate

alleykatkate New Member

That sounds tough... :\ if you ever want to talk to someone about it, I'll be here. PM me if you'd like to talk. :arms:

11. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Hope today has been a better day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.