I need someone to listen

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cinnamon, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinnamon

cinnamon New Member

I'm new and I hurt.

I just registered with SF because the pain is so bad. When I think I have met a person who might understand, I say too much and they think I am wierd. My story is too long to write in one session. The pain takes over more every day. I want someone to hold my head in their hands and make the screaming stop. When I think I have a friend close enough to understand this, they think I am gay. This isn't about sex. It's about PAIN!! Pain that has no end.

I have a great life now. There is no excuse for pain. The only way to be acceptable is to stifle how I feel. It is getting too big to stifle. Can't anyone understand?

2. winston

winston Well-Known Member

if you've got msn, pm me your address and I'll listen to you, pal:smile:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hi cinnamon. :welcome: to SF. I am sure your story will not make us think you are weird. You will find many people willing to talk with you here. We almost all understand the concept of wanting the pain to end, and masking our feelings so no one will now how we really feel. You are not alone and you do not have to go through this alone. Feel free to PM me if you would like someone to listen to you. i am willing to do that. Take care. :hug:

4. SoHappyItHurts

SoHappyItHurts Well-Known Member

Re: I'm new and I hurt.

Generally, friends are lousy at providing major emotional support, which is one reason why there are so many therapists. Therapists also help challenge one's cognitive distortions, which is something most friends are clueless about.

5. cinnamon

cinnamon New Member

But therapists won't hold your head in their hands.:sad:

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF..here you may let it out all out and we will understand :hug:

7. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. Im sure you will find many here that will understand you :hug:

8. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Lots of us will be more than happy to not only talk to you but also understand what you are going through pm anytime:welcome:

9. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Dear Cinnamon, I know the feeling of wanting a friend to hold my head in their hands. I have a lot of friends but none I would trust that much, save my brother. I hope you can find the friendship you desire here at sf - I know I did.

10. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome. Hope your able to find that person you desire. Also don't hold back in talking about your problems here. Everyone is understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.