I need someone.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MrTombadil, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrTombadil

MrTombadil New Member

My girlfriend of 3 years has been having second thoughts about me, she said that we need to take a break, so she could sort things out in her head, at the time I agreed, but since then, I'll i've felt is pain, I love her so much, she means the world to me, I just can't go on without her, please help ):

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

perhaps giving her some space is a good thing but write her a letter about how you feel about her and mail it to her ok
    Perhaps couple counseling may help you both

3. mogwai

mogwai New Member

If you got her, then why can't you get someone else? Yeah she's seems amazing right now, but there are other girls out there just as amazing.

You need to look at the bright side. You have a great girl for 3 years. You could be like me....30 years old and never had a serious girlfriend, and in love with a girl I can NEVER have, let alone have and lose.

No matter how bad it seems right now, just remember, it could be worse.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi. I am really sorry this is happening. I can hear how much you are suffering with not having her in your life at the moment. I do hope you can hang in there though. Sometimes life brings twists and turns that seem almost impossible to bear. But in the end things can turn out okay. I am hoping this will be the case for you. Even though at the moment things are so painful.

I am glad you are writing here. I see that you are new to this community. So, welcome. Please know that this is a good place to write and receive support from many. I know that I rely on this community. And usually people are very understanding and supportive. Do you have local support of any kind?

5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

the letter idea seems very good.
    how long ago did she say you both needed a break?

6. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I agree with the letter idea. Just let your thoughts, insecurities and such be in the letter. Don't be argumentive or bring up he said/she said. Just tell her how you feel. What you said above in your post- put that in your letter.

7. Tabula Ras

Tabula Ras Member

Love is a complicated, empowering, and desirable ideal. The word love itself is an abstract noun which suggests a detachment from anything real or sensible. For the majority though, love is a being, a self, and a world in its own. Being theoretically touched by love can be the most overpowering emotion which can leave us really high and also really low. Describing love or even trying to prove it, in a sense, tends to lack any meaningful propositions while simply being an ejection of emotions that defy rational explanation. Ultimately love is that passionate and intense desire for something, anything, and someone. The implication being of ideal beauty in some specific element an individual or substance possesses.

This is probably one of the most sensitive and powerful combination of emotions one could ever endure. With all philosophy aside, in a personal opinion, love is a lot like a flame that must be fed with the fuel it takes to burn. Perhaps even sometimes, in the worse case scenario, a poison that must run its course. But in the sense of a flame that burns, there is always a way to strike up the fire and fuel it into a much greater whole entirely.

It leaves me torn in regards to advice. If the pain is too much, I assure you, the poison will run its course. If the flame is still there, there is always a way to keep it burning. Some say if you love something, set it free; it's better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all. I am more on the end of, if you love something then fight for it. Find that passionate desire that caused the flame to burn and feed it with the fuel having it expand to even greater heights.

With the experience of past friends who have had struggling love relationships; sometimes a loved one wants you to fight for them and prove that it's worth the fight. They need to know that no matter what problems arise, no matter how difficult it becomes, you are the one who's going to do everything in your power to hold what is worth together.

Three years is a long time. Obviously there is something there that held it together for so long. Find whatever it was and do your best to display the passionate desire of the ideal beauty that may be receding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.