i need something

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by daciana, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daciana

daciana Well-Known Member

I need something, i don't know what it is, and this darkness within me keeps growing, tempting me from the shadows, calling my name; my real name, the one nobody knows about, and my dark self rejoices every single time she calls me. This feels like a dream, one of those dreams from which you wake up scared and short of breath. A gray dream, thick and confusing, but still, sometimes i wish i didn't have to wake up. But if i give in, if i follow her lead and take her hand, where will her increasing restlessness take me to in the end? And even so, i need to make my escape by her side. Because this house, these thoughts have become a trap, and among so much dark i can barely remember where i built the exit. I feel uneasy, i don't like to remember who i am, or all the things that the monster weaves inside my head. I need something, a way out, but leaving my dark passenger behind me was never really an option, and now i will have to keep living a lie if i want to keep living at all, always hiding what i am, drawing a smile where there is only emptiness. Because my real self is too strange, too comfortable with my own little world. Where no one visits, because it is too easy to see everything that is wrong, and i am what's wrong. And i want to end it all, breaking down the walls that this fear created, and let the light that is visible far on the horizon come and touch my eyes. But she comes back to whisper my name, and i crumble before her beauty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.