I need suggestions badly!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by White Dove, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

Okay i am gonna try and make this as short as i can. After you read this i am open for suggestions either post them out in the forum here or send me a quick pm if you would rather talk to me in private. thanks.

now my problem.

My brother. I do still love him and his family, my neophews and nieces etc. Well he has a bad problem, he is hooked on pain pills <edit moderator total eclipse method> plus he drinks and him and his wife go to beer joints practly every dang friday and saturday night. in fact they are gone right now tonight. Well he had a light bill come due and my name is still on the lights because he never changed it, well he went and did not pay his lights, so they cut them off like a few days ago. He works, makes over 10 dollars and hour and has a take home pay of over 450 dollars per week, so no problem on paying a little 200 dollar light bill right? because he doesnt pay me rent. at one time he was giving me 1900 a month to help with food because i am buying this land and pay over 200 now per month to buy this land and he doesn't pay anything, well he resently quit doing that and no longer helps with food. now my problem is this, he tapped into my lights/meter he hooked a wire to the well pump and split the wire ( i have 2 breakers in the main outside box ) 1 is to the well pump, one is to my home inside, well he split the wire and hooked it to each of the breakers then run it inside his trailer and into his breaker box so he had lights all thru the mobile home. and his moble home is a 220 mine is a 110. well he said he would pay the light bill this friday, well friday came he never paid it and is still hooked up on mine. and he is running an electric heater which will run my lights sky high. i called vec and reported it before he actualy was cut off, they said because he hooked it up under at the breaker box on the outside they could do nothing because he did not break into their meter base. now i am afraid my light bill will be way too high and i cant pay it. i am bearly paying it now. he is off getting drunk while i am here stuck with the bill, which no doubt it will be high, and i sure as heck dont know how to unhook it from the wiring thingy. so i am open for suggestions. he has 4 kids and i dont know what to do so i need suggestions. the lights come from VEC so please give me some suggestions please. thanks.

edited to add that i am currently working and if you reply and it takes me a while to read or respond please don't assume i am ignoring anyone here please cause i snok this in at/while at work thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  2. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

I think the best way to handle this would be to stand up for yourself and talk to him about it and don't let him push it onto you. There has got to be a way for you to cut his access to the electricity...i'm not sure of the logistics though
  3. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

i even there for a while smelt wiring burning :blink: i still smell it every once in a while. he promises me he will pay the extra amount when i get the bill but he has promised me things like that before. he wants to keep it till next friday october the 7th. i could wait and see if he finaly pays the bill and gets his back on by next friday and if not then do something. i just hate being put in a bind. they always do this to me because i have a good heart and they don't think i would tell him no. i am also afraid if i make him mad he will tear my car up and if he does that i will not have transpertation to get anywhere ( have had car torn up after he gets mad before - never actualy caught him tearing it up but when they get mad my car or van tears up right after words. ) i guess i will just sleep on it tonight and think about it tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.