I need to help him...any advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Anju, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone to my bf...he was REALLY quiet, like hardly a word....it scared me. I kept asking what was wrong but he wouldn't say. After he sent a text saying he didn't feel he was good enough for me(knowing I couldn't text back as I'm out of credit). He is actually really depressed and has gone through suicidal stages since I've met him and he has trouble with his familly...he keeps saying I'm the only thing stopping him from doing something but if he doesn't think I'm good enough...I don't want anything to happen to him :sad: anyone got any ideas how I can convince him he is worth my time? It's something he's been saying since I met him but now he really means it....I do love him, I really do and in reality he is the only reason I haven't just given up and killed myself but he won't believe me no matter how much I tell him...please help someone >_< I don't know what else I can do....

2. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

Well that is what he needs to hear, isn't it? That you love him back and need him. After you say this I think it might be better to move to less sensitive areas, because he might not react well if you put too much pressure on him to forgive himself. Keep the conversation going though, cheer him up with jokes or banter and talke as if you aren't worried about him because then he can feel he isn't an emotional burden on him. I don't know your boyfriend, but I think that in general if he cheers up a bit and hears that you care about him then I think he will open up to you again. I hope he feels better, and you too! Good luck.

3. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

I think we are both in similar situations.

All you can do is be there for him. There is nothing more you can do. Be supportive, let him know how much you care, and try to help him with what he's going through. As your on this forum, I figure that you've been through / are going through similar stuff, so even if you can't help, at least you can understand him. Just do what you'd want him to do for you.

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

First of all, I would tell your bf that you are a big girl and can decide for yourself who is good enough for you and who isn't and that you have made your decision. Then tell him to stop talking about the person you love that way or you might have to punch him :)