I need to stop drinking

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Cortez, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I really need to quit drinking. It makes me feel worse, and needy. It is so embarrassing. I don't even have enough money to be going out and buying beer. I mostly drink because of loneliness and anger. I always drink alone not by choice but circumstance, but I am not even sure if I even want to be drinking with other people. When I drink it is a very personal thing, but then I feel like talking to someone when I am drunk so it obviously isn't that personal. Drinking is such a fuckin waste in every way possible that I could think of. I just spent the whole night binge drinking and now I have an upset stomach and upset mother. Last night was the first time I ever passed out in my car overnight. I woke up in some damn empty lot, I felt like such loser. I drink to feel numb, that is the goal. Last night I had almost 8 beers, I just kept drinking until I could feel no more. I would like to feel numb all the time, that's why I keep drinking. The anti depressants aren't working. I have so many unresolved issues in my life and talking about them doesn't help much, nothing helps, except drinking to not feel anything anymore. I don't want to drink anymore, at least not for a while, starting today. I have enough problems.

2. rosebud

rosebud Member

Then look online in your city and find AA meetings. There you will meet new friends, have a place to go so you are not alone, and get help with your drinking. Alcohol is so destructive, worse than any drug (except maybe meth). If you drink due to lonliness, this is a perfect solution for you. I am a drug/alcohol counselor--go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.