I need to talk, anyone around?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Scully, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I feel weird.
    I need to talk about some issues about my Dad. To make it short, my mom told me my dad was Chris Carter (and also about his family) when I was 10. I saw that man around, even on my street, about 3 years ago.
    So, I tried to make a contact with him, to understand the situation, make things clearer. And why not, know him. Or try to learn. But I've had no answer.

I'd like to know what do you people think? A guy who comes so close, make 9000 km to see " a stranger", and then when she answers, remain silent?
    What can happen in his head dammit?!

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I'm here if you need to talk. I don't have the exact situation that you have with your dad but I do have dad issues.

3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I don't know what else to do.

4. ZombiePringle

to be honest.. sometimes when a father isn't around its best to just have a father figure in your life. Your father doesn't have to be your biological father.. It just has to be someone that cares for you like you were their own daughter or son.

5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I've never had that either.

6. ZombiePringle

I haven't either. at least not for long periods in my life. I just know a couple of friends who have done that. For me I just had to tell myself long ago that I have to make do without a father and make the best of it.

7. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

that's what I've tried to do these last years. Only, if my father is still alive, I wanna tell myself I've done all the possible on Earth to know him, or give us a chance.

thanx for talking to me Josh.

8. ZombiePringle

Its not a problem. I understand how you feel about it. My father has always alcohol more important than me and even when I lived close to him he never wanted to see me.

9. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I fear my father was estranged, and now doesn't want to know me anymore. I hate myself because I didn't cross the street three years ago.

I'm sorry about your dad. It's a tough situation too.

(((hugs)))

10. ZombiePringle

:hug: It would have been a hard situation. Seeing the man that you went basically your whole life not seeing just standing there. It would be like going up to a complete stranger. And thats never easy one bit.

11. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Maybe that's what he thought too? Thanks anyway. : )

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Salut Dana, comment vas tu?

13. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I've had better days.

14. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

it must be so very hard for you i never had a father i always prayed he would come back but he chose not too I don't know why fathers do this ignore their own flesh and blood it is hard. You probably wrote a letter to him but try again just saying what you know then there is nothing else you can do but accept that he had made his choice I always wanted a father too my heart goes out to you.

15. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

thank you Violet :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.