I need to talk to someone

So i feel rlly depressed and sad at the moment for mutliple reasons that i wont go into detail with but i've had a lot of suicidal thoughts lately and i need hel on a) how to get rid of them and b) to talk to someone. I have fanatsized about committing suicide just to get the pain to stop and to see who would actually care. I have self-harmed in various ways in the past and now old habits are resurfacing so i just need some advice on everything please?

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
Um so for help wise, there are many hotlines and therapists numbers, you can use here at SF under the resources page as well as chat rooms you can use. To talk to someone and lovely staff and other members who would love to help you out. For a.) not rlly sure the reasons for your depression so my advice may or may not help you, from my experience if your depression and suicidal thoughts are related to regrets its best to find some to talk it out and let everything out. I don't mean therapist like a friend you can talk to, kind of like a stranger on a random forum. b.) if you want to talk again there os chat rooms, staff members,... etc, I am also pretty free to talk usually from around 10 am - 12 am midnight pst. so um i have no experience with self-harming we have a specific section for that, but i heard a lot of people say try to find a way to distract yourself like may be a hobby, or tell someone you can trust so they can stop you, or the classic medications, and therapy.

not rlly sure if it helps, but I do hope you can feel better :),
neutral buoyancy

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So i feel rlly depressed and sad at the moment for mutliple reasons that i wont go into detail with but i've had a lot of suicidal thoughts lately and i need hel on a) how to get rid of them and b) to talk to someone. I have fanatsized about committing suicide just to get the pain to stop and to see who would actually care. I have self-harmed in various ways in the past and now old habits are resurfacing so i just need some advice on everything please?
Hey there, 15 is a tough age for sure, a transitioning age.

Is there anyone in your school that could help you in real life such as a trusted teacher, counsellor or nurse?

Getting rid of suicidal thoughts depending on what is going on isn't always easy but its absolutely possible. You are never all alone.

As for the self harm, you need therapy to help you with that, does anyone in real life know exactly what you are going through.

I sympathise with you *hug You're not alone in this battle, we are all here for you. *grouphug2

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there
It's hard to know what is going on without more information but there are always a lot of people around to talk with here. Just gotta drop in and start writing, okay? I hope you get the support you desire here.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
You can write your problems here and everyone will be compassionate and caring; nobody will judge you. I find that playing a song on repeat when I go to bed and listening to it the next morning gets it stuck in my head. During the day whenever my regets come up or my psychosis/phobias I hum that song over and over again and it switches my brain from the phobias to the music. Listening to music also helps although I do not wear ear buds at work because I want to be able to hear people when they talk to me. I have about 3 songs right now; when my phoba strikes at work I begin humming one of those, something that is positive and uplifting, and my phobia disappears.

Hey there, 15 is a tough age for sure, a transitioning age.

Is there anyone in your school that could help you in real life such as a trusted teacher, counsellor or nurse?

Getting rid of suicidal thoughts depending on what is going on isn't always easy but its absolutely possible. You are never all alone.

As for the self harm, you need therapy to help you with that, does anyone in real life know exactly what you are going through.

I sympathise with you *hug You're not alone in this battle, we are all here for you. *grouphug2
im not sure if there is anyone at school who i can trust not to tell my parents because i dont want to worry them. And im not sure how to get free online therapy without parents consent. but thank you anyway

You can write your problems here and everyone will be compassionate and caring; nobody will judge you. I find that playing a song on repeat when I go to bed and listening to it the next morning gets it stuck in my head. During the day whenever my regets come up or my psychosis/phobias I hum that song over and over again and it switches my brain from the phobias to the music. Listening to music also helps although I do not wear ear buds at work because I want to be able to hear people when they talk to me. I have about 3 songs right now; when my phoba strikes at work I begin humming one of those, something that is positive and uplifting, and my phobia disappears.
i do like listening to music so i will try this, thanks

KindaOtiose

im not sure if there is anyone at school who i can trust not to tell my parents because i dont want to worry them. And im not sure how to get free online therapy without parents consent. but thank you anyway
I understand not wanting to trouble your family members, however I don't think this is necessarily the best idea - your parents probably would want to know so they could help you, and this would be worth whatever "worry" it would cause them. Is there any other reason you wouldn't want to tell your parents? In the mean time, do you have a friend or other family member you could confide in (or you can stay here and talk, of course)? In relation to the school, although it depends on your school, they likely have a safeguarding policy wherein they don't have to tell your parents, if you don't want them to, unless they believe you are in danger. It might be worth a shot. Stay safe. Sending hugs *console.

Last edited:
I understand not wanting to trouble your family members, however I don't think this is necessarily the best idea - your parents probably would want to know so they could help you, and this would be worth whatever "worry" it would cause them. Is there any other reason you wouldn't want to tell your parents? In the mean time, do you have a friend or other family member you could confide in (or you can stay here and talk, of course)? In relation to the school, although it depends on your school, they likely have a safeguarding policy wherein they don't have to tell your parents, if you don't want them to, unless they believe you are in danger. It might be worth a shot. Stay safe. Sending hugs *console.
i mean i can probably confide in one of my friends at school but im not ure hpw my parents would react tho since they think im a perfect child. but i will try

KindaOtiose

i mean i can probably confide in one of my friends at school but im not ure hpw my parents would react tho since they think im a perfect child. but i will try
No-one is a "perfect" child. Your parents probably know you have flaws, even if you try and hide them. I doubt they would react badly. *brohugMaybe, you don't have to tell them that you are "suicidal" at first, but you could start by telling them you've been feeling down lately and wanted some help.

No-one is a "perfect" child. Your parents probably know you have flaws, even if you try and hide them. I doubt they would react badly. *brohugMaybe, you don't have to tell them that you are "suicidal" at first, but you could start by telling them you've been feeling down lately and wanted some help.
im just not sure how they'd react tbh and they dont know abt my whole self-harming thing

iwihbn

Back, brain damaged and bipolar-er
im just not sure how they'd react tbh and they dont know abt my whole self-harming thing
From learning what my parents thought, revealing it now is far better than waking up in an E.R. with your mom crying over you. They'll be worried, sure, but its always better to get help before it gets drastic and you know how much pain you've caused them.

Trust, man. They'll be shocked at first but will want to help you however they can. If y'all have a good relationship, I'd make a list of recommendations that they can use to help. It also avoids the immediate shock and possible terror.

From learning what my parents thought, revealing it now is far better than waking up in an E.R. with your mom crying over you. They'll be worried, sure, but its always better to get help before it gets drastic and you know how much pain you've caused them.

Trust, man. They'll be shocked at first but will want to help you however they can. If y'all have a good relationship, I'd make a list of recommendations that they can use to help. It also avoids the immediate shock and possible terror.
im not sure, ill try tho

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00