I need to..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Beautiful_Disaster_09, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beautiful_Disaster_09

Beautiful_Disaster_09 Well-Known Member

... lose some weight.

I am so fat and hate myself because of it! I don't feel good about myself at all! I feel absoutely fat and ugly.

How long does it take to lose weight without having food? I am prepared to do this distratic thing... nothing else works for me!

2. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Unless you plan to eat nothing forever any weight you lose will come back instantly....if you really need to lose weight I'd recomend just cutting out junk, minamising snacking and exercise etc. Only way it's gonna stay off. Going veggie is good.

3. Beautiful_Disaster_09

Beautiful_Disaster_09 Well-Known Member

I have done all those things... there not working! I eat small portions of food and don't have snacks during the day. What is wrong with me? :sad:

4. blue shoes

blue shoes Well-Known Member

If you tried dieting and working out and still couldn't lose any weight, you might have some medical condition.

If you think you have a normal diet and you are active and shouldn't be overweight, then I highly recommend consulting a doctor. If you were always overweight it could be genetic, but it could also be many other things, like thyroid problems, blood sugar imbalance, some kidney-, liver problems, etc etc.

I hope you won't start fasting. I personally agree with (short-term) fasting as cleansing procedure, but not as weight loss procedure. First of all, you can't fast forever. And because while fasting your metabolism slows down a lot, when you stop doing it, you will store more fat than you would normally do. Second, if you intend to do it for a longer period of time, it's very unhealthy and you could have serious problems, as your body requires vital nutrients that you deprive it from when you fast. And finally, after a while you will most likely feel weak and without energy, which will affect your daily life.

It's your prerogative at the end, but my advice is, go see a doctor. Even if you don't have a medical problem causing it, a doctor can send you to a dietitian and prescribe you weight loss pills if necessary.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

By not eating your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto as much fat as it can and also slow down your metabolism which would make it even harder to lose weight.
    Eating healthily and doing regular exercise is the best way to go..or maybe even join weight watchers for that extra bit of support :)

6. KJAB

KJAB Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I like putting on weight; meds are making me eat like a horse. Fuck it.

Sorry. The ONLY way to lose weight is exercise and better food long-term.

7. hardcore

hardcore Well-Known Member

I'm confused. There are plenty of other ways to lose weight but they aren't worth it. The healthy way is the only way to lose weight and not mess yourself up so much that you forget why you want to lose weight in the first place.

8. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Don't starve yourself, that won't work. But you do have to cut back on calories, of course. Try the low fat, low carbs, high protein thing. That worked for me before big time. I lost 20 pounds in six weeks one time doing that.

But you also need EXERCISE. Diet alone won't do it. The reason is that your body reduces it's metoblism to match the calories, no matter how low, so you don't end up losing weight or at best lose it very slowly. Walk or ride bike instead of driving where you need to go. Consider sprinting as an exercise. Very high intensity sprinting releases growth hormone, a powerful natural fat burner. Do a high intensity sprint, then exercising after while on the growth hormone release will burn fat like you won't believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.