I need weed

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by sadguy33, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

I love it I smoke it everyday!!! its the only thing I have to look forward to!!!!! Its the only thing that gives me the butterfly feeling in my stomach most people get when they are in love. However I will never feel good unless I'm smoking weed its basically the one thing in my life that makes me feel loved.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The one thing that has control over you dam eh

3. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Why shouldn't it have control over me? its the only thing in life that some what makes me feel good. No person has ever made me feel good or any other thing including you.

4. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

See the type of help I get here!!! No wonder I smoke weed with people like TE helping me I'll need all the weed I can get. You are right weed is only good for so long but the afterlife I'm sure that is worth seeing hopefully it has better people for me there. All I have ever been is nice to people this world isn't meant for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you deserve to be happy under you own control hun not having a substance control you i do hope you reach out and get the help you need and to learn better coping skills then using hugs

6. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Why do you need it? the feelings you get from it can be gotten other ways. with relationships,you havent found the right person, but when you do it will feel far beter than what weed makes you feel.

7. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Yeah I do think I want to quit and see if my life will be better without it. You see I've never had a girlfriend or really anything good happen to me so I feel like that is the only way I can be happy but I do want to change. However at the same time I'm afraid to change. What if my life being sober sucks even more I'm kind of scared of that. by the way thanks guys I thought Total Eclipse was trying to insult me and be mean but now I see that they do care. Person Unknown you've been very nice to me here thank you. I've been frustrated lately with so its nice to know people do care a little.

8. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

:hug: Change is a very scary thing, as you never know what to expect. But its fine, sometimes things a read in a wrong way, as you cant really hear how it is being said it can come off in an offensive manner

9. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

First of all, I'm not trying to insult you, so please don't take it that way :)
    I think it's a really good idea to cut down on weed and see where you can go. But really it's good to have something else lined up that can give you pleasure. Do you have any hobbies? If not, there's no time like the present to take one up! The thing with weed is you do feel good while you're taking it, but then you generally feel worse without it than you would have if you hadn't smoked it in the first place. Without it, you maybe won't feel as good. But you also won't get the lows between highs, if you know what I mean?
    I used to be in the same boat as you to an extent. I smoked weed all day everyday, drank, and took too many prescription meds, all because it gave me a constant high. But my life really is better now that I've stopped! It's good to have clarity to deal with all of lifes problems, because when you face things head on rather than get high to avoid them it means nothing builds up. Plus you can appreciate all the little good things that a stoned mind might miss!
    If you could take it right back to only smoking weed occasionally, I really do think you'd see a difference. You said you want to change, and that's great! Don't let your fear stop you. After all, you could find your whole way of think/perception of life changes for the better when you are thinking with a dope free mind! Good luck if you do decide to cut down/stop :)

10. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

There are parts of your post I agree with and parts that I don't. I do think it's a good idea to only smoke occasionally like once every 2 weeks or even once every month would be better. Having it control your happiness on a daily basis is not a good thing at all. So that part i agree with you on. The parts I diasagree with, however, is that firstly, when you say that the highs and lows are worse than just not feeling so good on a regular basis. I think that if your mood is at a constant low, then sometimes it's worth it to feel good just for a little while, but like I said, with moderation. The lows, from my personal experience, as someone with chronic depression, aren't that bad when you're used to them without weed anyway. Also, the second thing I disagree with is that I don't think weed stops people from seeing things with a "clear" mind all the time. I think it depends on the person. Some people actually see a lot clearer under the influence of something than they do sober. But like I said situations do vary. But that's just my personal opinions so I hope I don't offend you in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.