I need your opinion..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wanttodie, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

Do you think that when every one in the society is raising finger at you then there is definitely something wrong with you which you must correct ? I'm a social reject and I tend to blame the society a lot. I think there is something very wrong in that I find fault in every thing and blaming others for my own problems. Do you think Im indulging in excessive self pitying ? Is this pathetic ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2007
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

everyone deals with their problems in different ways, i don't think its pathetic but it is something that can be changed by you, i am a social outcast myself and i know its my fault to a certain point for not getting out there and mixing but i need somewhere to mix where i am comfortable so that may be classed as societies fault, dunno.
  3. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I think there is something wrong with society. It's full of trash. I can see no reason to try to integrate in this hypocritical and superficial society I have around me. wanttodie, I certainly do not think you are pathetic.
  4. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you. The only people who care for me is my family...almost everyone else of the younger lot [ older folks seem to be good] i have met is scum. But is it only me who feels this way ?? Why does it seem the whole world is bad ??
  5. xighsequite

xighsequite Active Member

because your perspective is very limited.

You haven't met most of the people in the world, and you probably haven't been to most countries. You haven't experienced most cultures, or observed most occurrences.

You're basing your opinion on a small sample of persons, which you probably caused yourself to be in contact with, anyway.

Younger people seem worse because they are equally limited.

Older people have usually experienced more, and thus developed an understanding of human nature and the diversity that entails. You're making assumptions based on your predispositions. If you don't consider other peoples' situations, and understand why they are who they are, you have no right to call anyone "scum".

They're just products of their environment, and time. No one chooses how they develop - that is chosen for you.

It may seem like a large percentage of people are awful, but that's because the people you're paying attention to are the ones you dislike.

ah, I'm done. Just relax, and don't assume everyone sucks until you've actually met everyone.
  6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

About older people vs younger people.

Maybe you're running into the younger people who aren't fully mature yet and haven't had the opportunity for the experiences that will help them mature. Older people may be more accepting because they've got more experience and have a better sense of what is really important. There are good and bad old people, and there are good and bad young people.

I suppose the trick is to spend time with people you enjoy and who enjoy you.

7. the_nihilist_reason

the_nihilist_reason Antiquities Friend

I'd say it's impossible to judge as long as I don't know what you specifically blame society for. It could very well be that you are right of course. Society doesn't stand reality (sounds familiar?).
  8. polarisdrivr

polarisdrivr Member

hey i too kno wut its like as a social outcast but unfortunately my own family doesnt care for me either....and then i came here because i was too much of a coward to off myself and one simple person showing me they cared helped so much and here u have at least 6 people socializing with u who have no idea who u r but feel so much the same way. so stick around and socialize with us since we kno how u r feeling and we can pull u out of this
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.